Alot of the chargers have dc hookups to so you can hook them up to your car batteries and charge your batts off your cara power.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DO NOT BUY NITRO

I race RC cars and can tell you....the electrics are as fast if not faster than nitro and waaaaaaay more dependable.

If you're a beginner and just want to bash.....a Traxxas is going to be your best bet. Yes...they are a little pricey but they are tough as hell.

Someone mentioned the E-Revo....they are cool because they have a low center of gravity (the Stampede is a monster truck and top heavy AF an will roll over super easy).

Team Associated makes a RTR (ready to run) 1/8th scale ebuggy that's pretty tough but 8th scale parts/batteries are more expensive....but 8th scales are more durable because the parts are beefier.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

I had an e-revo, got rid of it, fucking pain in the ass to work on.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Thanks guys. I'm literally hanging on to y'alls words because I have 0 exp in these things but I would really love to have one for me and my son. Hell I have 4 acres I could make a track if we really enjoy it. Plus it could be a cool way to start him working on things with my help of course. Anyways thanks for the help guys and I'm all ears.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Start out with a couple cheapish ones, like a stampede, slash, rustler, or similar to get your feet wet and find out if you even like the hobby before you drop a ton of money on stuff.

My daughter has an hpi wheelie king and fucking loves it, its not super fast so its perfect for a kid and its durable as hell, only issue it ever had was the stock servo is weak as hell, i ordered a better one, swapped it out in about 10 mintues and its been years of trouble free fun aince then.

I second turnigy batteries me and a buddy have been running them for years and with the lower cost you can get more packs so you never run out of juice . If I'm only running electric I like to have at least 3 batteries 1 in the truck, 1 cooling down if needed, and 1 on the charger, but usually I break stuff before I run out of battery packs lol. 

But if your new I'd definitely start with electric as you can get to having fun a lot faster (engine break-in can be annoying for some) I'm not really a fan of traxxas but there a little cheaper and I think just about every hobby shop will have parts for them when you break stuff. I prefer HPI or Team Losi but I can't get parts local for them so i'm stuck buying online and waiting whenever I need something.

As far as what to get I love 1/8 scale they take a beating and handle rough terrine great. But if you got some empty flat dirt area the 1/10 scale 2wd trucks are a blast to race around and hit some small jumps. This is the kind of ramps I like to make lol 

PUctbU1.jpg

@Wishuponasub Great choice....Slash's are great bashers...plus it came equipped with a Castle motor and speedo....you're gonna love it!

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

I admittedly don't know much about these things but from what I have seen around the community these last couple days this one had some decent upgrades. I'm not sure what castle setup it has but he said it's 3s capable. I don't think we could drive it on 3s yet so I just scooped up some 2s to learn on. I'll post some pics when I get my hands on it.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived