Joshdashef Posted May 12, 2018 Report Posted May 12, 2018 I have had this problem before but only with the single fuse holders by sky high (1/0 variant) when I did the big three. I fixed this by mangling the cover a little to fit the lug but in this case I don't want to ruin the fuse holders look as it is very easy to see under the hood. Here are some pictures The issue seems to be with the bolt side of the lugs as they are too large to fit in the opening for the fuse holders making the lid not seat properly and click into place I tried to sand down the sides but it still refuses to fit so has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do that made it fit? I am using a hydraulic crimper for the lugs like this one SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
PaCiFiKbAllA Posted May 12, 2018 Report Posted May 12, 2018 Have you tried a different type of lug with a different sized eyelet? I’ve used RF and Stinger lug style fuse holders before without issue. BTW, I have the same exact crimper too ? 1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded 1 x Wolfram W-4500.1 2 x XS Power D5100's 250A Singer Alternator 2.67 Cubes @ 29hz
Joshdashef Posted May 12, 2018 Author Report Posted May 12, 2018 Just now, PaCiFiKbAllA said: Have you tried a different type of lug with a different sized eyelet? I’ve used RF and Stinger lug style fuse holders before without issue. No I haven't tried a different lug I figured all sky high would be best but I screwed myself a bit. http://skyhighcaraudio.com/dual-anl-fuse-holder-ring-terminal-style-double-1-0-ga-4-ga/ Fuse holder http://skyhighcaraudio.com/sky-high-car-audio-1-0-gauge-copper-ring-terminals-w-heat-shrink-tubing-10-pack/ Lugs http://skyhighcaraudio.com/sky-high-car-audio-ofc-1-0-gauge/ Wire All 1/0 Were the types of fuse holders you used set screws or lugs? SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
audiofanaticz Posted May 12, 2018 Report Posted May 12, 2018 Throw the skyhigh ones in the garbage and buy these from me!https://www.audiofanaticz.com/smd-anl-fuse-blocks/
Joshdashef Posted May 12, 2018 Author Report Posted May 12, 2018 Just now, audiofanaticz said: Throw the skyhigh ones in the garbage and buy these from me!https://www.audiofanaticz.com/smd-anl-fuse-blocks/ I have been thinking about upgrading to those! Seem a lot easier to put on the lugs and fuses... SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
06RTCharger Posted May 12, 2018 Report Posted May 12, 2018 Drill the lugs hole a lil bigger so u can slide it over a smidge toward the center of the fuse holder. Thats one option that might work. But if u do that, make sure u still have room for ur other lug next to it on the fuse holder. Maybe even cut/file down the sides that are blocking the lid from closing, but then apply some corrision resistant substance to protect the exposed bare copper.
audiofanaticz Posted May 12, 2018 Report Posted May 12, 2018 They are nice, thats why I sell them. I couldnt sell something I didnt believe in. Plus they are lifetime warrantied, so even if you break it by doing something wrong your covered!
PaCiFiKbAllA Posted May 12, 2018 Report Posted May 12, 2018 8 minutes ago, Joshdashef said: No I haven't tried a different lug I figured all sky high would be best but I screwed myself a bit. http://skyhighcaraudio.com/dual-anl-fuse-holder-ring-terminal-style-double-1-0-ga-4-ga/ Fuse holder http://skyhighcaraudio.com/sky-high-car-audio-1-0-gauge-copper-ring-terminals-w-heat-shrink-tubing-10-pack/ Lugs http://skyhighcaraudio.com/sky-high-car-audio-ofc-1-0-gauge/ Wire All 1/0 Were the types of fuse holders you used set screws or lugs? The RF and Stinger were both lug style. However, my most recent build consists of set-screw (Allen) style connections and reducers on all my 1/0 wires. 1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded 1 x Wolfram W-4500.1 2 x XS Power D5100's 250A Singer Alternator 2.67 Cubes @ 29hz
Joshdashef Posted May 13, 2018 Author Report Posted May 13, 2018 Just tried to modify one of the three fuse blocks and it looks terrible. Just going to order all SMD from you audiofanaticz SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.