Sonic Electronix

Still having problem with remote. What causes this? No one ever answered. My controller only works when it has been sitting g in the sun on my dash in the hot sun. It will work fine, but like early in the morning it won't. Any help? Thanks

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

your remote u mean the remote that came with your radio or the remote wire?

try taking the battery out and rubbing it on some carpet or something then pop it back in, not sandpaper.

if its the remote wire the radio is fucked

1 hour ago, mathewyocham said:

Put a new battery in it.

Give this a shot or clean the ir side maybe some goo buildup blocking the signal

The remotes work via infrared light, when you use them too much the infrared storeage inside the remote gets depleted and you have to let it sit in the sun so it can absorb more infrared light for future use.

Think of it being kinda how glow in the dark stuff works, its gotta absorb the light and trap it inside so it can glow when its dark.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

so basically, what youre saying is when the internal parts are cold and stiff, something isn't making contact and it wont work.  but when it's warm and things are more flexible, it contacts and works.  hmmm if i couldnt spring for the what $15 for a new remote, or be bothered to reach the 18" to my radio, i'd pop that sumbitch open and see what's not moving when i push buttons when it's cold, then grab a heat gun warm it up and see what works

Archived