Sonic Electronix

There is no way I could ride like that. You can do more with less in this application ... just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

:lol:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your happy. All that matters. Also sounds like you asked questions,  about 47 of them, took zero advice and did your own thing. Like you had all the gear already, already figured what you where gonna do, and just wanted some sort of validation. Which is also fine. 

In the end, if your happy with that set up, output, for your wants.... validation isnt needed. Enjoy mate, and again welcome to the forum. 

Thanks guys. I did a lot of research,  months worth of reading and figuring parameters. I know the set up is ugly and sloppy, and perhaps at some future point I'll clean it up. I really wanted to know if the sub I was after was worth it. There are some great brands,  DC audio,  PSI, EMF, Sundown audio....etc. I have zero experience with any of these brands. Paper cone versus poly stumped me most. I went with poly to be on the safe side I suppose. Seems like paper would distort easier tho I understand there is better SQ in paper. I am truly hoping to get a vehicle with more room so I can get more resonating sound. This lil cab seriously sux in that respect lol. I have a Jeep GC, but wifey says it's off limits lol. I need to learn more about tuning my amp. I been playing with LPF and bass boost. I'm just a bit afraid of cranking it atm. I would like to give it more time to loosen up. Now I want to focus on my midrange, of which I know very little. It has been suggested to me that I need around 1000 watts of midrange to keep up work this sub...idk. I got factory 6x8's now,  4 of them with a Sony CDX-GT260MP head unit. It pushes 50x4 and doesn't sound too bad for real,  but after installing the 300amp alt the speakers are developing a bit of distortion and some static. Wondering what brand I should go after for speakers.  Looking at the Pioneer 9605  five channel amp to push them. Any suggestions or instruction would truly be appreciated as I have no plan beyond the amp, tho it is not set in stone. Thinking of going with 4 new 6x8's, and two 8's maybe for the mono channel. 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, ckeeler11 said:

I would not waste a 5 channel amp on running mids/tweeters, you will not have an use for the 5th (sub) channel. \

1000 watts on the front stage would be ridiculous.

After just a lil study, it seems that a higher output head unit would be a better choice to push the 6x8's. Most are way under 100 watts rms. My current head unit pushes 52x4. There are so many head units out there. What would be a good replacement for my current unit? I have a 2005 F150 standard cab. Not really concerned about touch screen or intricate displays, just power. I am going to remove the middle jumpseat at some near future point, and install a custom console with speakers integrated into it. I haven't decided what kind or size just yet. I have a Kicker ZX1000.1 laying around that I could use for the application. I could purchase a different amp if I must. I haven't done any research just yet, but a 4th order or 6th order box has entered my thoughts. Maybe with some 8's or 10's, I could build such a console. Yes of course I realize these applications in my lil truck is ridiculous, but so is having any big audio system that requires earplugs to keep your hearing from being damaged...lol js... 

On 12/11/2018 at 11:27 AM, ckeeler11 said:

What headunit do you currently have? most headunits will do between 14 and 20 watts rms. 

This does 45 rms:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158XB120BT/Sony-MEX-XB120BT.html

I currently have a Sony CDX-GT260MP. Out pushes 52x4, but I'm not sure of the rms. Perhaps I could add a small 200 watt amp for the factory replacement or just keep the replacement speakers small. As i ponder this console idea,  I'm thinking it would be great to go with some higher wattage component speakers with nice crossovers. The more i research,  the less i find i know lol. I have also been looking at equalizers and signal processors. It would be nice to control my highs independently from my lows. I checked that head unit and I'm loving it. I gotta rack up on that. Thanks for the link. No need for the equalizer now,  but I'm still looking at the processor. 

Archived