Second Skin Audio

HELP with port and box volume. Ram1500 Middle console Dual 15s

06RTCharger

the specs are probably fine... not sure what they have the tuning at... if you tune to say 34hz the port needs to be 38.5 inches long in a 4 cubed box which in turn takes up 1.75 cubic feet so at minimum you need a net volume of 5.75 cubic feet that does not include sub and bracing displacment

47 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

the specs are probably fine... not sure what they have the tuning at... if you tune to say 34hz the port needs to be 38.5 inches long in a 4 cubed box which in turn takes up 1.75 cubic feet so at minimum you need a net volume of 5.75 cubic feet that does not include sub and bracing displacment

Back to the drawing board. 

I think i need to try a software program. Doing this with a pen and paper is mind boggling sometimes lol. 

You may want to contact @Triticum Agricolam he always has helped me out when it comes to box designs and he does really nice work as well. Also I am about to pass out (night shift)  But if it would help I can try and get an output from bassbox pro if you have the T/S parameters (maybe they're online already?).  I think bassbox pro is way too conservative on port size though also theres a calc on the forum someplace...I'll find it tonight most likely. 

9 hours ago, aculous said:

You may want to contact @Triticum Agricolam he always has helped me out when it comes to box designs and he does really nice work as well. Also I am about to pass out (night shift)  But if it would help I can try and get an output from bassbox pro if you have the T/S parameters (maybe they're online already?).  I think bassbox pro is way too conservative on port size though also theres a calc on the forum someplace...I'll find it tonight most likely. 

Thanks man but from what the others have said it seems like i need to find another cube or cube and a half. 

If you wanna mess around with this sub on bassbox i posted the manufacture specs on page one, the last post at the bottom of the page should have the picture.

Ive tried Triticum calculator, but im not exactly sure how much airspace i need.

heres the amp specs. 

65821DC7-3AC7-4CE9-AFFE-C0229F7C0355.thumb.png.dde23ad9624eefb6bd776c65086f5a8f.png22A45B21-ADB9-4A34-A992-872E69E5289C.thumb.png.ed4839132dc6aafcb55591d6142bd89c.png

Archived