Second Skin Audio

zv4 18 in a camry

Marshall p

hi I'm new here. I'm trying to figure out if I can fit a zv4 18 in a 97 camry. I can only fit it facing up. I have 17" of height and I know the woofer is 11.4" mounting depth with 2" of surround sticking up on top of that. I will double baffle and flush mount it. basically I know it will fit but don't know if it will hit anything while its playing. I know I could put 12' or 15's in the trunk and have had both before. just seeing if this is doable without too much trouble. any help is appreciated 

If you go for sub up then you should invest a lot into sound deadener or trying to seal off the trunk into the cab. 

What music do you listen to ? Two 15s if you can fit them might be louder since they'd have greater cone area. 

Do a little cutting on the rear speaker deck, and maybe you can fit it straight up. That's how I fit the 18 in my last acura TL 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

On 12/19/2018 at 7:44 PM, Joshdashef said:

If you go for sub up then you should invest a lot into sound deadener or trying to seal off the trunk into the cab. 

What music do you listen to ? Two 15s if you can fit them might be louder since they'd have greater cone area. 

You can sometimes do this:

18sl.jpg

That partially avoids smashing your trunk lid, however you need 7 net for that sub plus displacements, solely by volume it would be hard to do and you would need to build that box inside the trunk most likely.

I would prefer doing two 12s and it would be very doable and would get excellent results, no massive deadening costs with questionable results in many cases. 

Archived