Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have tried looking for reviews on Skar Audio, but all reviews seem to look "Fake" as if they were entitled to rate it 5 stars. For a discount or something.

My Question is what is your guy's opinion on Skar Audio? Specifically the EVL. I am looking to go 4 15 EVL with a 4500 Skar Amp. (SKv2) I am not looking for "VS" just opinion on Skar, if I should save for something else, or go the skar route?

Posted

Skar makes great products the SK series is there best and I’ve run there subs and been very happy . There SK line amps can handle under 1ohm . I wouldn’t think twice about buying Skar.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted
1 hour ago, DiBo said:

I like the vxf and zvx series and of course the DNR. I prefer the ti basket to the 12-spoke baskets myself. Skar makes decent equipment. 

I was thinking of vxf 15s. but 320 more for 4 subs (80/pop) is kinda pushing my budget, not to mention i'd have to get a different amp and I already have a SKV2 4500 pushing some sundown 15s. 

1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

Skar makes great products the SK series is there best and I’ve run there subs and been very happy . There SK line amps can handle under 1ohm . I wouldn’t think twice about buying Skar.

I am very happy with my SK amp. The reason I asked this question about the subs is because I couldn't tell by reviews if they were good or not, and didn't want to risk spending $870 for it to turn out "decent" or "poor" I have talked to an audio shop and they advice me against skar saying its garbage, but I don't really trust shops, they try to sell you their equipment they have stocked and up-sell you on garbage. That is why I was asking opinions on here. I appreciate your guys' input!

Posted

I appreciate you asking this site along with a shop , u are right shops try to sell there shit and rip on anything else and that’s not right , there are a lot of good products out there and it’s good to try them all. I’ve never been disappointed with DD , Sundown, American Bass  or Skar when I went away from strictly Rockford .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted
1 hour ago, RSmass said:

I was thinking of vxf 15s. but 320 more for 4 subs (80/pop) is kinda pushing my budget...

I hear you. With 4 subs the evl would smash. Gotta stay in budget. My problem is I always think I have more cash than I do lol. What sundown series do you run?

Posted
31 minutes ago, DiBo said:

I hear you. With 4 subs the evl would smash. Gotta stay in budget. My problem is I always think I have more cash than I do lol. What sundown series do you run?

running 2 "U" series, got them cheap on "Letgo" needed bass for the time being, until I could afford to actually build my porsche. I think im going to put these 2 in my Navigator.

Posted

Everyone always says skarbage but iv never used the brand so I can’t personally say.

♦ Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

♦ MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

♦ SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue)  +  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

♦ Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  +  SHCA Pro RCA 

 

Posted
2 hours ago, RSmass said:

running 2 "U" series, got them cheap on "Letgo" needed bass for the time being, until I could afford to actually build my porsche. I think im going to put these 2 in my Navigator.

U series are legit. They burp crazy numbers and are very musical. Love the u series woofers. 

Posted

They are far from what I would call garbage. It's pretty good equipment. I wouldn't call it top tier either but definitely not garbage imo.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

  4 FI X 10

 270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

 AA 3800.1

  (2) AA 75.4

     

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1162 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...