Jump to content
 
 

Recommended Posts

I have tried looking for reviews on Skar Audio, but all reviews seem to look "Fake" as if they were entitled to rate it 5 stars. For a discount or something.

My Question is what is your guy's opinion on Skar Audio? Specifically the EVL. I am looking to go 4 15 EVL with a 4500 Skar Amp. (SKv2) I am not looking for "VS" just opinion on Skar, if I should save for something else, or go the skar route?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the vxf and zvx series and of course the DNR. I prefer the ti basket to the 12-spoke baskets myself. Skar makes decent equipment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skar makes great products the SK series is there best and I’ve run there subs and been very happy . There SK line amps can handle under 1ohm . I wouldn’t think twice about buying Skar.


3 Sundown SA-10's D4 ohm

American Bass VFL 120.1 Running at .6 ohms

250amp alternator

Mids all Alpine type R 's 2 set's of 6.5 components and 1 set of 6x8's 

3 Rockford PBR's 300x2

6 Kinetic batteries

F150 Supercrew 2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiBo said:

I like the vxf and zvx series and of course the DNR. I prefer the ti basket to the 12-spoke baskets myself. Skar makes decent equipment. 

I was thinking of vxf 15s. but 320 more for 4 subs (80/pop) is kinda pushing my budget, not to mention i'd have to get a different amp and I already have a SKV2 4500 pushing some sundown 15s. 

1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

Skar makes great products the SK series is there best and I’ve run there subs and been very happy . There SK line amps can handle under 1ohm . I wouldn’t think twice about buying Skar.

I am very happy with my SK amp. The reason I asked this question about the subs is because I couldn't tell by reviews if they were good or not, and didn't want to risk spending $870 for it to turn out "decent" or "poor" I have talked to an audio shop and they advice me against skar saying its garbage, but I don't really trust shops, they try to sell you their equipment they have stocked and up-sell you on garbage. That is why I was asking opinions on here. I appreciate your guys' input!

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate you asking this site along with a shop , u are right shops try to sell there shit and rip on anything else and that’s not right , there are a lot of good products out there and it’s good to try them all. I’ve never been disappointed with DD , Sundown, American Bass  or Skar when I went away from strictly Rockford .


3 Sundown SA-10's D4 ohm

American Bass VFL 120.1 Running at .6 ohms

250amp alternator

Mids all Alpine type R 's 2 set's of 6.5 components and 1 set of 6x8's 

3 Rockford PBR's 300x2

6 Kinetic batteries

F150 Supercrew 2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RSmass said:

I was thinking of vxf 15s. but 320 more for 4 subs (80/pop) is kinda pushing my budget...

I hear you. With 4 subs the evl would smash. Gotta stay in budget. My problem is I always think I have more cash than I do lol. What sundown series do you run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DiBo said:

I hear you. With 4 subs the evl would smash. Gotta stay in budget. My problem is I always think I have more cash than I do lol. What sundown series do you run?

running 2 "U" series, got them cheap on "Letgo" needed bass for the time being, until I could afford to actually build my porsche. I think im going to put these 2 in my Navigator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RSmass said:

running 2 "U" series, got them cheap on "Letgo" needed bass for the time being, until I could afford to actually build my porsche. I think im going to put these 2 in my Navigator.

U series are legit. They burp crazy numbers and are very musical. Love the u series woofers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...