Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Two SA12s on a Apocalypse AAK-4000.1D too much ?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Thinking of upgrading from a dc 2k to an Apocalypse AAK-4000.1D but wanting to keep my new SA12s subs. Wondering if they could take the power. Wiring at 1 ohm for now.

Posted

I think the 4k would be too much for a pair of the SA12's but you might be able to get away with...Possibly

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

 

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Posted

I’d turn the gain down maybe 4K for 3-4  12’s. I run 1k per 10inch SA and they take it but not anymore.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

3 SA12's @.67 would smash. I have 4x12's on 2 AAK40001D amps and I can't even get them stinky. These amps are more stable than powerful. They wake up @ .67 and .5. I had all 4 subs @.5 and they impressed a lot of people. Amp didn't even get warm at .5. these amps are soooooo nice! 

Posted

That amp also probably puts out over rated power so like 4400-4600rms at 14.4v. You have to remember that.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

I figured it’d be a lil much unless I turned the gain down a lot. Not sure if I could wire .5 ohm my electrical is only a 240 alt two batts about 125 ah of agm

Think I might be able to fit four 12s in my trunk but it’d have to be sealed or a 4th built in my trunk. (Civic coupe btw)

Posted
1 hour ago, DiBo said:

3 SA12's @.67 would smash. I have 4x12's on 2 AAK40001D amps and I can't even get them stinky. These amps are more stable than powerful. They wake up @ .67 and .5. I had all 4 subs @.5 and they impressed a lot of people. Amp didn't even get warm at .5. these amps are soooooo nice! 

I really dig the bass knob and the amps themselves are pretty good looking. Seem to have a decent heat sink too, dual inputs already, and a remote in / out

Posted
1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

That amp also probably puts out over rated power so like 4400-4600rms at 14.4v. You have to remember that.

Gp car audio posted a picture of the 4k doing [email protected] but started with a reactive load of .33

Posted
9 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

I really dig the bass knob and the amps themselves are pretty good looking. Seem to have a decent heat sink too, dual inputs already, and a remote in / out

Not to mention a clipping limiter on the amp itself. Keeps thd under .5% iirc. Everything you mentioned about the amplifier makes the deaf bonce amps my top choice. Heat sink is thick and heavy, bass knob has temperature display ( amp thermals at 182°f) but I haven't had mine over 110° wired @.5 and it has a thermal protect light, regular protect light and clip light. I'm currently in the market for the new AAK-20000.1D ( TRUE 10K @12v flat!!) Coming in April. 18v stable @20k. 14.4 it does 12k and @16v it does 16k. BTW my amp required a 270 Mechman and 300ah of AGM to run @.5. I originally had the amplifier in my Maxima on one zv5 15 at half. Hope this helps

Posted
6 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Not to mention a clipping limiter on the amp itself. Keeps thd under .5% iirc. Everything you mentioned about the amplifier makes the deaf bonce amps my top choice. Heat sink is thick and heavy, bass knob has temperature display ( amp thermals at 182°f) but I haven't had mine over 110° wired @.5 and it has a thermal protect light, regular protect light and clip light. I'm currently in the market for the new AAK-20000.1D ( TRUE 10K @12v flat!!) Coming in April. 18v stable @20k. 14.4 it does 12k and @16v it does 16k. BTW my amp required a 270 Mechman and 300ah of AGM to run @.5. I originally had the amplifier in my Maxima on one zv5 15 at half. Hope this helps

How was your voltage with a 270 and 300 ah of agm? I might be making a bigger bank in the back if I go for this

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1561 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...