Sonic Electronix

Electrical fire / Trouble shooting and repair

Yowza. no bueno.

Pop the back off and inspect for internal damage. I'm wondering if the amp gremlins got you (the little strands of wire that end up floating around)

6 hours ago, Audio_Noob said:

Hey man thank you so much!! I just emailed dB-r about the amp an I need pics for him I will upload them tomorrow 

it’s 0ga with 2 300amp anl fuses (1 under hood 1 by amp) 

I feel like this may have been likely due to not checking my wiring very often after I installed , an it was in a restricted space 

That fuse sizings correct for that gauge of wire so either a loose connection, short at the amp, or amp gremlins 

best of luck figuring this headache out man! Might wanna grab a specific type of fire extinguisher meant for vehicle use and electrical fires for peace at mind 

20 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

That fuse sizings correct for that gauge of wire so either a loose connection, short at the amp, or amp gremlins 

best of luck figuring this headache out man! Might wanna grab a specific type of fire extinguisher meant for vehicle use and electrical fires for peace at mind 

A fuse, inline, doest NOT protect the amplifer. Its protecting the wire. If a amp shits the bed, .... internally, a fuse wont save it. The fuse, is there for the wire. Period. 

EDIT- why i have NEVER ran amplifer/board fuses. My wires are safe. No need for a board fuse. 

This is me, and how me and mine run our gear,..... not advise. 

Archived