Enclosure help for 2 hertz hx250

Thumping

Hey guys hertz calls for about .7 cubes per sub before sub displacement tuned to 38 hertz, to me it seems like to small of a box tuned high? 

Looking for sql just wondering if anyone has experience with these drivers and can point me in the right direction as for volume and port tuning?

thanks a lot 

They are the hx250 single 4ohm coils, both will be run off Kenwood kac9106d 500rms a piece, so you figure sealed is the way to go? I was thinking of tuning lower just figured since they recommended tuning at 38 they’re was a reason for it

8 hours ago, Thumping said:

They are the hx250 single 4ohm coils, both will be run off Kenwood kac9106d 500rms a piece, so you figure sealed is the way to go? I was thinking of tuning lower just figured since they recommended tuning at 38 they’re was a reason for it

8 hours ago, Thumping said:

how much lower and if I tune it lower should I Still use the recommended box size of 20.6 litres?

Depends on your end goal with these drivers.

if you want massive bass, you went with the wrong drivers all together. 

If you want Sound Quality, enclosure design will depend on vehicle, and what high end setup you need to match up with. 

My apologies for saying this, but “sql” doesn’t tell us jack shit about your goals ...

I'm not a enclosure designer, but sealed and ported will work well with those drivers.

give us as much info as you can with your complete system goals and we should be able to help better. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Fair enough I’ve had a re xxx, job w12gti and some kicker l7s getting older just wanted some nice clean subs with a decent amount of bass

system will consist of 

factory head unit

helix dsp pro

hertz mpk 165 comps up front 

hertz mpk coax in rear

hertz hdp4 for speakers 

2-Hx250s in the trunk 

and a Kenwood kac9106d for subs 

car will be sound deadened 

Hoping for a good clean system that can still hit lows for rap and what not 

What type of vehicle are we working with here ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived