Second Skin Audio

Blew my 18" treo ssx, need new options

snb778

Time for a new sub (or possibly a recone). Blew mine yesterday (18" Treo SSX)

Looking for opinions. Running a Skar rp3500.1 on solid electrical. Budget is about $450. I have net 4.3cu. ft to work with if ported, with all displacements included. I'm open to options, 2x 12's ported, 2x15's sealed (no room to port), another 18" (seems Skar is the only decent 18 in my budget), etc etc. Most 15's i've seen still require more than 2.5cu ft. per sub. I can get away with 5.5cu. ft with a sealed box

Skar makes great subs 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2 Skar Evil 12’s would work in your price and box specs , and with that amp.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Personally, Id recone the SSX. 

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

8 minutes ago, snb778 said:

thats what im thinkin, but many people are sayin with 4cu. ft net I should switch to a 15 or 2x12's

That is a pretty small volume for a 18. Don’t they usually require 7 odd cubic feet ?

actually I take that back that sub only requires 4 cubic feet! Shit recone that bitch if you liked how it sounded 

On 5/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, Joshdashef said:

That is a pretty small volume for a 18. Don’t they usually require 7 odd cubic feet ?

actually I take that back that sub only requires 4 cubic feet! Shit recone that bitch if you liked how it sounded 

This one was already reconed.  I think last setup I had it in 5.2cu ft and it sounded much better.  

Sundown says 4 cuft is good for the U18. I have one waiting to go in the car right now, just havent got around to it. Only 1500 rms though... and they run about $480, but go on sale often it seems. I git mine for (I think) 350 or so from d4s a while ago.

Archived