Moosekens93 Posted June 16, 2019 Report Posted June 16, 2019 Hello everyone. My question is short one, Does it make any sense running a super tweeter and a 1 inch silk tweeter in the same system? I have tried looking this question up multiple times and I cant seem to find any information on this topic. Would they End up cancelling each other out? If you had the super tweeter crossed over at a lower frequency could you hear the smaller tweeter hitting the higher frequency over the super tweeter or vice versa. I havent seen anything that says you couldn't and I havent seen anything that says you should. What is everyone elses thoughts or opinions on this??
slowfkncar Posted June 16, 2019 Report Posted June 16, 2019 The sound quality & sensitivity difference is huge, sure the smaller tweeter would sound better but you are likely not going to hear it over a pro audio tweet.
Moosekens93 Posted June 16, 2019 Author Report Posted June 16, 2019 1 hour ago, slowfkncar said: The sound quality & sensitivity difference is huge, sure the smaller tweeter would sound better but you are likely not going to hear it over a pro audio tweet. That's the impression I was under. I've seen some builds with smaller tweeters in the A-pillers and super tweets in the doors, I was just curious, like I said I couldn't find any information on this topic so I wasnt sure if it was something that could work properly even if it was tuned right.
White Lightning Posted June 16, 2019 Report Posted June 16, 2019 They are designed with very different specific applications. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
BassMunky Posted July 10, 2019 Report Posted July 10, 2019 Pro tweeter as far away from the silk dome tweeter as can Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.