Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got a deafbounce aak 2000.1d...manual recommends a 200amp external fuse. All i got is a 120amp.

What would happen if i use the 120amp vs running it direct in from the battery?

Posted

120 amp fuse will probably blow before you get max power from the amp. If you run straight from the battery and get a short anywhere you will lose your amp. Always fuse. I have a 250 in while I wait for my 300s and I can still get full power from my amp. 

Posted

Wat ohm load are you running this amp at? At 4 ohms u should be fine. But id say any higher than that would probably blow the fuse. If u can run it at 4 ohms and order new fuses. I always fuse the run to the wire rating unless the amp doesnt have a built in fuse. Then i fuse for the amp within 6 inches of the power input.

Posted
2 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

Wat ohm load are you running this amp at? At 4 ohms u should be fine. But id say any higher than that would probably blow the fuse. If u can run it at 4 ohms and order new fuses. I always fuse the run to the wire rating unless the amp doesnt have a built in fuse. Then i fuse for the amp within 6 inches of the power input.

Am running it at 1ohm, lucky enough i ran it direct to the rear battery and nothing didnt blow, i put the 120amp fuse and strange enough there was not a lost in output and am metering the same numbers...i guess that means i never was really hitting anywhere around 120amps all the time. 

My electrical is a redtop optima in front and a xs xp3000 in the back with a 140amp alt, 1 run of ofc 1awg wire (bass amp is 2000rms and mids is 800rms)

What can i do to get the 200amps or in other words more current to the bass amp?

Posted

If its working let it work. Mike has a good point. But id still order the correct amp fuse.

Posted

I would not want to risk underpowering the amp with a fuse that is lower than the 200amps that it claims to need.  

Straight wire while u wait for the right fuse 2 come in the mail or run down to a shop and buy1, I mean theyre like 3 bucks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1446 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...