Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Needing advice on what's next with my system


Recommended Posts

Posted

So right now I have an alpine pdr 4 channel amp powering focal iss165 6.5 inch component speakers up front and stock 6x9 in the rear with 2 12 inch jl w1 subs in a prefab ported box running off of a kicker cx600.1. I am at a standstill on what I want to do next, ,maybe a set of focal 6x9 for the rear maybe ditch the rear speakers and use the 4 channel amp on mids and tweeters maybe build a new sealed box, I know I'd prefer sound quality over loudness any day, by the way I have deadning in the front doors and trunk all ready. Just looking for ideas. This is an 05 honda accord not that it matters alot. 

Posted

Burn the prefab as a sacrifice to the SPL gods then build or contract someone to get a proper one

Posted

Those Focal integration speakers are nice, but I had to turn down the tweeters a LOT to get them to level out properly. How much power is your alpine 4ch amp pushing RMS?  (I am running 50x4ch dedicated to my Focal components up front, and they sound so much better with the extra headroom and proper levels.) 

 

Posted

Will probably end up ditching the rear speakers all together and do some sort of a bandpass box through one of the 6x9 openings but I don't know I'll probably change  my plan in two days lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1162 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...