Yeah but how long has this been going on? Thing is hearing loss won't occur immediately. It takes time to develop. Well that's at least from what I have heard.

I noticed my hearing going bad within the first 2-4 weeks of listening to my first system.

I also had trouble hearing what people say over the phone at work

There is only one benefit for your ears to go bad; it will make you speak louder for speech classes (good for soft speakers).

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

every day at work my boss comes up to my car and says i'm gonna go death, I tell em it's the HIGH FREQUENCY thatll hurt and just smile.

It's kind of funny because I work drive thru and they'll be taking an order and you they can't focus on a 2 way conversation even with me right next to them they'll say "WHAT".

i got 20-20 vision and 100% hearing no loss yet.

I'd rather lose my hearing than go blind.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

hearing due to sound is definately in higher frequency only.

for example: have you been to a concert or maybe to a club? well they are playing music at higher frequencies than that of inside of a car. i have never had a buzzing sound from listening to someone vehicle but if i go to a concert i will leave there with a buzing sound that won't go away for hours.

x2...

my truck does nothing to me at 156+

concerts at 125-130 rip me to shreds....cant hear for hours after a loud indoor concert. The outdoor ones dont seem to affect me as bad. Arco "Echo" Arena is REAL bad....ive been to many concerts and none have done me like that place. Actually, front and center at Pantera at Memorial Auditorium (another indoor spot) wasnt nearly as bad as Arco.....any other locals agree?

anyway i think my hearing is good, i do want to have it checked to be sure....oh boy and if it IS 100% its REALLY on after that!! hahah

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

x2...

concerts at 125-130 rip me to shreds....cant hear for hours after a loud indoor concert. The outdoor ones dont seem to affect me as bad. Arco "Echo" Arena is REAL bad....ive been to many concerts and none have done me like that place. Actually, front and center at Pantera at Memorial Auditorium (another indoor spot) wasnt nearly as bad as Arco.....any other locals agree?

anyway i think my hearing is good, i do want to have it checked to be sure....oh boy and if it IS 100% its REALLY on after that!! hahah

Tool at the Baton Rouge Centroplex . . . I was up in the damn seats and still left feeling like ass. Damn bass was vibrating all my insides. lolz

yea i have to agree with everyone else. i was just checked at the work place and tested 100 percent. there was this one question on there that said do you have any loud hobbies. you can just guess what i put on that one ^_^:lol:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I've been around car loud audio for about 5 years but I have been DJing in the clubs for almost 7 now, and I think that my hearing hasn't changed at all. But if it has, it's not enough for me to notice and I doubt its becuse of the low frequency car systems, but its the higher frequencies I hear in the clubs for long hours at a time.

Granted its only been 7 years and I dont notice it, but who knows, maybe it will get worse the longer I'm involved.

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

yea i have to agree with everyone else. i was just checked at the work place and tested 100 percent. there was this one question on there that said do you have any loud hobbies. you can just guess what i put on that one ^_^:lol:

Yea I work in a plant and we have to do those every so often. I'm like there is no way I'm gonna get 100% on this bastage. Everyone around me that's been there for 6+ years all are at like 80% or less and I got 100%. I'm like WTF!?!?!?! . . . time to upgrade

Yea I work in a plant and we have to do those every so often. I'm like there is no way I'm gonna get 100% on this bastage. Everyone around me that's been there for 6+ years all are at like 80% or less and I got 100%. I'm like WTF!?!?!?! . . . time to upgrade

So is the saying now,"If your're not deaf, its not loud enough."???? ^_^

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

not a bit at all....i actualyl have the best hearing of all my friends...i will be at a party or a very loud place and hear a cell phone across the room and go to tell the person their phone is ringing and they will say "i didnt even hear it"

so i think im pretty good off

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

x2...

I would rather not see a band ever then go to "Echo" Arena one more time.

I miss seeing concerts out at Cal Expo

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)