not a bit at all....i actualyl have the best hearing of all my friends...i will be at a party or a very loud place and hear a cell phone across the room and go to tell the person their phone is ringing and they will say "i didnt even hear it"

so i think im pretty good off

I'm that person :blush:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

15 yrs of loud to extremely loud systems concerts running security for night clubs and having to shoot without hearing protection (along with explosive ordinances) and I checked out at 100% a couple months ago. Not saying after some of the events I didnt suffer some temporary issues but no damage.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I haven't got any hearing loss from stereos but i do have kinda shitty hearing from running heavy equipment and being out in my Dads factory like a dumb ass i usually dont have ear plugs on when i go out in the factory which has killed my ears. They arent to bad but i can tell that something isnt always right with my hearing

ive noticed that my hearing is a lot more sensitive...not necessarily worse.....

i watch tv at low volumes... and when im in other people's (non systemed) cars their music is too loud and when i tell them they just look at me and are like "youre kidding?" and just stupid shit like that... ive noticed its harder to hear when someone is talking to me from like 10 feet away... or at lunch when there is a ton of just chatter that hurts my ears sometimes..but for the most part id say its not much different...

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

ive noticed that my hearing is a lot more sensitive...not necessarily worse.....

i watch tv at low volumes... and when im in other people's (non systemed) cars their music is too loud and when i tell them they just look at me and are like "youre kidding?" and just stupid shit like that... ive noticed its harder to hear when someone is talking to me from like 10 feet away... or at lunch when there is a ton of just chatter that hurts my ears sometimes..but for the most part id say its not much different...

i had to ride to fla from louisiana in my friends raggidy ass burban with 4 4x6s (cheap ones) and they were all like turn it up and i'm like NO TURN THAT SHIT DOWN IT'S HURTING MY EARS!

they were all "are you kidding?" and eventually "stfu"

David thanks for the info. It helped explain alot about why I get that constant ringing in my ears.

Tinnitus From Exposure to Noise Cochlear Damage,there are other ways to damage the Cochlear besides loud Noise, dental surgery, sinus surgery, Inner ear infections and alot more.

Stress induced tinnitus Stress its not good for you, not much I can say about this.

Tinnitus Type 3, this is what effects me, I know a great deal about it.

this tinnitus type is referred to normally occurs after prolonged spells of taking antibiotics or antihistamines in an effort to control sinus infections and allergy conditions.(not exactly in my situation)

Most of that pertains to me quite well.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i had to ride to fla from louisiana in my friends raggidy ass burban with 4 4x6s (cheap ones) and they were all like turn it up and i'm like NO TURN THAT SHIT DOWN IT'S HURTING MY EARS!

they were all "are you kidding?" and eventually "stfu"

Distortion is worse for your ears then LOUD AS FUCK non-distorted mids/highs.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo