Rockford fosgate T3 6.5" comps (t3652)

AaronT

Rear fill should be a slight presence of sound to help the front stage. It should never distract or take away from the front. The way the op is running the system, he cant fade forward to help solve the issue so the only thing i can see is setting the gains way lower so the front speakers are dominant. This would be a more sq approach to tuning imo. If you are going for loud rock it as is. My Lancer is set up close to your system, my Malibu i got a DSP for tuning and left the rear speakers on HU power to be able to fade forward for the proper control of rear fill. 

Soo that crazy shit I was talking about phase compensation is starting to now make sense huh ... ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

32 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Soo that crazy shit I was talking about phase compensation is starting to now make sense huh ... ???

Yeah. That's all I kept thinking about when seeing it happening.

Is that indeed what is going on? The cover being utilized in one channel is effecting phase ?  And correcting it in a wierd way?

The only way to correct phase is polarity.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

This is why I Love the simplicity of Linear Power. Leaves all the tuning to the Helix. My Linear Amplifiers do one thing ... Amplify Signal.

To set front stage phase, stage and image ... Kill the rears.

6 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

This is why I Love the simplicity of Linear Power. Leaves all the tuning to the Helix. My Linear Amplifiers do one thing ... Amplify Signal.

To set front stage phase, stage and image ... Kill the rears.

I can totally agree with this.  My amps do the same thing. I set the gain.  And uhhhhhh.......that's it

If I remember correctly (not going to look for the original post),  I mentioned something that would’ve helped out here ... Think the reply was “I got this” ... LOL, water under the bridge ...

What I would do is run your front components off of the larger 4 channel and the smaller 4 channel on the rears. Then while tuning for stage and image, mute the rear amplifier. What you are looking for is correct phase, dynamics, and head room. Not sure (not knocking Rockford here) if the Amplifiers you are running have enough left and right channel separation ratio to accommodate the application you have set up now ... If those amplifiers have great channel separation, there is an ole Sound Quality trick you can do greatly improve your application ... but let’s just get the phasing issue resolved first. 

Oh, I would set your Amplifiers to run “full Range” and let your processor handle the crossover detail. Make sense ???

Yes got it 

But the only issue is is that how should 8 get signal to amps?

The active networking gives Tweeter, mid, sub on RCA.

Should I split it with y's?

Or just go and go normal mode and use passives?

Also I have been using amps in all pass just yesterday I wanted to see whatcwouid happen but I used amps xovers like a sort of sub Sonic filter (not actual subsonic freq, but a low frequencies cut off for mids) and that's when I notice s big difference in sound when either front or rears had xover of amplifier on.

I will take your advice here. But what is happening when Amps x-over is active on front or rear channels to do what I'm seeing or hearing?

Can’t find your build log to see what type of source unit / cross over networks you are using. 

... or are you depending on the Amplifiers for your crossover network ???

Archived