Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted
40 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

You do know where your source is dirty at first? Yes?

The head unit? I know to start at HU and work back but I don't want to worry about clipping while I'm listening to music on Amazon music, pandora, e.t.c... so I don't know which - db to go with which will make the subs hit hard but no clipping. 

Posted

Doesn’t matter what you set with if the music itself ain’t clean..   but I set my bass with -10 and my mids  and highs with 0....  but I use a dd-1 was going to get a pocket oscope but the ones I seen have to small of screen to show distortion before the clipping so I didn’t and not sure what happened to my dads big oscope

Posted

No clue... lol. Depending on you guys until I can learn more (via these threads). Can someone explain the -db and how you choose which to use and why one is safer than the other? I've heard music is recorded at -xx db level" and -xx db level is better than -xx db. Just don't understand... I'd like to set my amp up so that at max volume they hit as hard as safely possible. I don't want to burn them up but I'm not impressed with them now. They're 20 years old, just had them reconed. 600w rms @ 1 ohm x2 and the amp is 1400w rms @ 1ohm. So I've been told 40hz @ -7.5db and 40hz @ -5db. Was told -10 isn't safe. 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

If you are running your mids of headunit power then just use the max volume that's sounds good on them. Then check your sib out with a 0db tone at that volume. Be careful if you dont have bass blockers. I just use -10db for my sub amp and the use a remote gain knob and turn it down if it gets smelly

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1162 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...