Jump to content

Type r component wiring


Leiderlife

Recommended Posts

Posted

So in the manual for my type r components it shows a wiring diagram.  On this diagram it shows the speaker wires that come from the amp go directly to the midwoofer.  There are dual connections on the woofer and from there they lead to the crossover and then to the tweeter.  I am kind of confused.  I have always seen the amp go directly to the crossover and then to the woofer and tweeter.  Does this mean that the woofer is active?  Sorry if this is a noob question. 
 

Posted

The woofer relies on it's own dampening to filter out the highs. Set it to high pass and go an octave or 2 above the woofer fs, or you can try 80hz if your slope is steep enough and you aren't sending it too much power. 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Ok, after some research I discovered that the woofer has its own crossover built in.  What I don’t like is that the woofer acts as the junction that the tweeters come off of.  This means you have to run 2 sets of wires into the doors.  That seems stupid when most other sets split at the crossover.  

Posted
15 hours ago, Leiderlife said:

Ok, after some research I discovered that the woofer has its own crossover built in.  What I don’t like is that the woofer acts as the junction that the tweeters come off of.  This means you have to run 2 sets of wires into the doors.  That seems stupid when most other sets split at the crossover.  

what You said contradicts yourself 

Posted
Posted

There is probably a video on the installation of these speakers out there! Basically its a coax with the tweeter separate. RF's Punch line does the same thing.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1152 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...