Sundown Audio

Careface81

Careface81

Hi I just recently blew my 15 inch dual 2ohm orion hcca sub. I bridged one hifonics brz 2400D and one hifonics brx 2400, i had no clue what i was doing can someone please help me i just ordered another sub but i will NOT be hooking it up until I know what im doing. I do not live in a big city and my resources are minimal. Please help...

Additinal info I have a northstar 880cca amg battery and my inline fuses to each amp are 250amps each and they are bridged (too much power maybe), im waiting for a 350amp alternator to come in the mail to replace the current one (im not sure whay my current amps are on my alternator) the car is an 06 caddy dts and my deck is a jvc kw-v350bt

68445642-F952-4AB5-8D15-AE755C1C640E.jpeg

Also i wired both amps with 1/0 gauge wire with copper posts.

2 hours ago, Mike4068 said:

You strapped 2 different amps. That's a no no. Also that's not how your electrical works. You can never have too many batteries. However if you wired them in series then you will have a 24v source and you'll destroy all of your electronic equipment. 

I only have one battery, and its not ok to bridge an amp? So just use one amp for the sub?

Exactly what do you mean "bridged" when speaking of 2 seperate mono blocks?

Did you hook one coil to each amp? Or like mentioned above, did you strapp them together ?

Also what do you mean you bridged the power wire?

Also, you can never, ever never have too much power going to amp.

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Exactly what do you mean "bridged" when speaking of 2 seperate mono blocks?

Did you hook one coil to each amp? Or like mentioned above, did you strapp them together ?

Also what do you mean you bridged the power wire?

Also, you can never, ever never have too much power going to amp.

Two amps ones the master ones the slave, and each amp has 250 amp fuses im not worried about the power to the amps, i just blew my orion and was wondering how not to blow the one thats coming in the mail lol

14 hours ago, Careface81 said:

Two amps ones the master ones the slave, and each amp has 250 amp fuses im not worried about the power to the amps, i just blew my orion and was wondering how not to blow the one thats coming in the mail lol

from what i read so far is you strapped two different amp models together, one being a BRZ and the other amp a BRX. I would highly recommend getting the same model of amps to strap together. (two Hifonics BRZ's or two Hifonics BRX's)

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

8 hours ago, Phaeton said:

from what i read so far is you strapped two different amp models together, one being a BRZ and the other amp a BRX. I would highly recommend getting the same model of amps to strap together. (two Hifonics BRZ's or two Hifonics BRX's)

whats the difference? i just cant believe that it blew my orion...

Archived