replacing tweeters / recommendation

Bhaazaher

hello guys..

so running a 

a dc audio level 3 sub (1000rms) in a skar audio skv2-1500d

MOREL virtus 602 components (replaced the tweeters to jbl gto 19t cuz i blew the morel ones) on a audison sr 4 (connected at 2ch @ 175wrmsx2)

so i am thinking about changing my tweeters to new ones since these one are 3 ohm independence and abit weak and the original ones are 4ohm

(i am fearing they are the cause that my system breaks down at high volume...)

i was thinking about changing them to a new powerful ones with 4ohm independence

soo one of the guys told me when you have such a powerful sub (1000rms) you MUST have a super tweeter to reduce vibration and keep the tweeter safe..

so what do you think guys? can i stick with a normal tweeter or should i go to a super tweeter?

and in any case.. what tweeters you guys recommend that can handle the watts from the amp

High volume, distortion and clipping the problem..

With that if want louder look for metal done tweeter.

Not knowing your install skills or where they are placed, I'm  fan of SSA audio tweeters..maybe run a pair of tweeters if you want louder..

1000w sub stage doesn't need a super tweet, my life would be over if that were true.

If your looking for a suggestion, I have had very good luck with cdt' s drt-26s, I have ran a pair of those active off serious power for years and they are still going, they also sound great.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, Bhaazaher said:

hello guys..

so running a 

a dc audio level 3 sub (1000rms) in a skar audio skv2-1500d

MOREL virtus 602 components (replaced the tweeters to jbl gto 19t cuz i blew the morel ones) on a audison sr 4 (connected at 2ch @ 175wrmsx2)

so i am thinking about changing my tweeters to new ones since these one are 3 ohm independence and abit weak and the original ones are 4ohm

(i am fearing they are the cause that my system breaks down at high volume...)

i was thinking about changing them to a new powerful ones with 4ohm independence

soo one of the guys told me when you have such a powerful sub (1000rms) you MUST have a super tweeter to reduce vibration and keep the tweeter safe..

so what do you think guys? can i stick with a normal tweeter or should i go to a super tweeter?

and in any case.. what tweeters you guys recommend that can handle the watts from the amp

are you running active or with a passive set up. The reason I ask is depending on the ohm of the tweeter, that can change the xover point if you are using a passive from the morel set. You dont need a super tweeter. Over the last few years, those really got hot when guys started switching to PA speakers and got crazy loud. I have run traditional tweeters and had a sub stage close to 1000. I think my last system had 800 rms to the subs. If you are set up correctly, gains and xover points, a normal tweeter is fine. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived