Maxwelle supercaps with no threaded terminals. Need help!

Those are welded terminal style maxwells 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Yeah I would think hard before attempting to weld anything on it. You might get away with drilling a hole and tapping it. Again I would be really careful unless you know how thick the material is there. The only other options I see are to try to use a super strong conductive epoxy, I have doubts if it will hold up long term. Or make some kind of clamp something you can tighten on to the cap. I have a few ideas. None are probably worth doing. It would be cheaper and easier probably to scrap the cap. I guess it depends on what you feel comfortable doing. I would probably try to work with it, but I don’t feel comfortable recommending that. 

according to Maxwell the only way to weld the bussbars to the caps is via Laser, Resistance, or Ultrasonic welding.  DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MIG or TIG the bussbars on as you will blow through the outer shield of the cap.

best bet is to see if you can return them or sell them and reorder studded cells.

sorry bud.

supercap welding guidlines.jpg

Archived