Looking for a new set of front door speakers.

Dragonsyph

Looking for a new set of speakers to go in the front doors of my 05 Chevy Tahoe,  they are 6.5 “ speakers and have tweeters in the pillars.   

Just want something I can swap out and be done.  Looking to spend around 100-150 for the pair.  Not sure if I need tweeters or can just keep using stock ones.  

There are so many that I’m not sure what I’m looking for.  If I need 2 way 3 way or what. I have no idea, never bought speaker before besides a subwoofer.  

Probably gonna get the skar 4 Chan amp that does 150watts per channel at 4 ohms.   So I’m guessing speakers around 100-150 watts?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

You have to find out what ohms the stock is and what power the stock amp is 

Iv read tons of threads and the best thing I could come up with is there 2ohms, so if I out a 4ohm speaker they won’t be as loud.  

and some threads say the Bose amp puts out like 25 watts lol, so I might be better off trying the headunit at 50 watts.

Found these for 160 for a pair   SD-6.5CS Comps
they ate only 60 watt rms.  Should be ok to hook up to my head unit ?

found a skaraudio 4 Chan for 180 bucks might get that.  Does 150 watts per Chan at 4ohm so I guess those sundown speakers wouldent work since there only 60 rms.

Improve the sound quality inside the door why you are in there upgrading, throw in some Speaker Tweakers and sound deadening. Here is a snippet of the Steve doing a simple door upgrade with Second Skin accessories. 

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

9 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

found a skaraudio 4 Chan for 180 bucks might get that.  Does 150 watts per Chan at 4ohm so I guess those sundown speakers wouldent work since there only 60 rms.

Those are the component set I want.

I am about to buy 2 Sundown SA-8 V3 subwoofers next month so I want to replace the cheap 6.5 sony xs r1646 door speakers I bought not too long ago. Not till a few more months though because despite those speakers being cheap they really hit the high notes awesome and not to bad mids; I want to wear them out for now since I just got them.

Concerning question I have about the component set though is will it fit in the 6.5 spot the coaxial is! Thats what I'm wondering.

And is Sundown's SA-5.25CX COAXIAL the same sort of all in one door speakers as the Sony XS speakers I already have in my door? If so I may want to try those first before I head into components.

I am new to the car audio stuff.

I have read good reviews on the SD-65CS component set and I like what I see from their company. JP is a likeable guy.

So it was either Sundown 65CS components or the Morel Maximo set I was eyeing.

Sorry if this is a thread hijack post. I don't think these questions I have are suitable for a thread of their own, as they're related to OP's.

0213201251_HDR.jpg

Headunit will not be 50w lol, its more so 20-25w. 

Find the amp you want, find a component set that can handle the RMS power at 4ohms that the amp puts out. Done.

Always good to have more headroom then being under powered. 

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

2 hours ago, Second Skin said:

Improve the sound quality inside the door why you are in there upgrading, throw in some Speaker Tweakers and sound deadening. Here is a snippet of the Steve doing a simple door upgrade with Second Skin accessories. 

What is he doing there inserting what that is inside the door? My door frame is flimsy and hollow.

You can see the door in my pic in my comment above.

I feel like it is making my speaker's sound lose out.

10 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

Hey. I guess noones going to answer your question.

From what I understand you can adjust wattage output.

Also, RMS is not a set ceiling 

Archived