Guest aseanj52

Posted Image

i like the wall......if i had the room i would do a box like this........

Well i could always gut the Astro Van....... hmmmmmmm

Very clean man, keep it up

Looking good where did you get that knob?

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

BASS KNOB INFO:

I know it doesn't look exactly like the one in the pic but that is what they sent me. Its a -12db bass cut/reduction, not a booster. -12db is enough to shut subs off completely and I was able to test this when I had my old box in the PT, its really nice.

Hitron BC101

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3982_BC101...ss+Control.html

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

this is lookin AWESOME!!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

this is lookin AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Chode!!, glad to see The Mods are pleased!....and thanks for not demanding a vid...I'm just not there yet <_< .

I just glued in the 3rd mirror this morning before work, will post some pics when I get home.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

VIDS!!!

j/p :D

what did you use for the mirrors? Mirror-Mastic i hope...

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

VIDS!!!

j/p :D

what did you use for the mirrors? Mirror-Mastic i hope...

Thanks to everyone for all the positive reactions and posts! I really did expect a lot of hatin when I started this!

Steve, I was surfing the web trying to see what the dry time was for regular liquid nails, when I saw that it was not for mirrors. Couldn't tell what you used in the Hoopty. I ended up using the mirror specific stuff from liquid nails. I went out from work every 2 hours today to be sure the top piece was still holding after it spent all night with your "floor jack, wood, and boxes method." Its up there good and tight! Did I mention you are a genious! :wub: Hope the liquid nails for mirrors holds up long term on that top piece. At first I was just going to do the back and bottom, I had no idea from your pics that the bottom mirror reflects the top mirror and it looks like there's subs forever in there! :wacko:

This was one step from your design that really impressed me when I first saw them, so I knew whatever happened, I would be doing the same, other stuff obviously strayed away for your design- a local shop wanted $400+ to spray it with grey bedliner! And the rest, well....you know I don't have your skills! And I wanted some rear fill in the side panels, too, cause my doors are staying stock!- and did I mention that I don't have your skills? :D

I spent wire money on the plexiglass mirrors! So y'all better be impressed! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Here come the pics.....subs are dusty, tunnel is only 12" wide, so it's kinda a chore to get in there and wipe things down!

Posted Image

Still gotta find a way to hide or glue down the wire going up the left side of the tunnel for the LEDS, not sure yet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

With the LEDs going, they change colors every few seconds:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amps are going to go where Steve did the crossovers in the hoopty, nothing exotic like his, I just built a simple frame/rack out of 2"x2" poplar and am painting it black bedliner, it sets up 9" off the floor, and I can hide all my wiring and the Kinetik 600 under it on the drivers side. Decided to put amps here as they will get the a/c from the car in these hot TX summers! This is looking down between the front seats. I have to move that alarm LED that is sticking out of the console to someplace else, it shines on the wall and makes all the red spots you see in my other pics. <_< --the rest of the mess of wire there is the LED kit in the sub tunnel:

Posted Image

Thats it for now, vacation next week, I get to try my hand at fiberglassing the a-pillars and I have to build small enclosures around the seleniums in the side panels. Then back to searching for cheap 1/0, speaker wire, and RCAs!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

nice man seeing this makes me wanna wallof my honda civic even more with 4 12s and mabe 1000watts rms

I hear ya, at first I wanted to do Steves design with just 4 12"s, the more I watched him build the Hoopty, I just had to get 8, and they were on sale, too. I had to sacrifice some airspace and tuning, but it should still slam pretty good.

Steve better not be starting anthing else soon after the Hoopty, cause I have to be satisfied with this for a looooong time to come! :D I don't want any more ideas! This is by far the most unique wall design that I have ever seen, and makes sense for me cause the Texas sun can not get to the sub cones, and they are not really visible to people lookin in the car from the sides either. I know that these are not Steves priorities when he designed it, but my PT is driven daily , so security and longevity had to be a bigger concern for me. Not that Steve doesn't concern himself with either, but you know what I mean.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Man that shit is hot with the lights on inside the tunnel. Damn good work bro. Hella impressed with the work....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Archived