AaronT Posted March 28, 2020 Report Posted March 28, 2020 7 hours ago, Dexterity said: I see what you're saying, but with the subs it'd be around 1150$ and that's pretty out of budget right now. I think I'll just hold off on getting that set up for now. I appreciate the help! Hold off on battery till later
Dexterity Posted March 28, 2020 Author Report Posted March 28, 2020 @CstrokerV They’re wired to a two ohm final output and the box I have for them is a prebuilt ported box off amazon. I’ll be honest I know a lot more now than I did when I bought that setup so there’s probably room for improvement there. Lol
CstrokerV Posted March 28, 2020 Report Posted March 28, 2020 if You keep that amp you could get a sub that matches that amp better at 1ohm and build a better box... Not sure what the specs of that amp is though my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Dexterity Posted March 29, 2020 Author Report Posted March 29, 2020 @CstrokerV the amp is 2 ohm stable. I know more now than I did then so it’s a piece of crap lol. Thinking about giving that system to my girlfriend and upgrading the amp to a skar Rp-1200.1d. Good match?
Dexterity Posted March 29, 2020 Author Report Posted March 29, 2020 Just now, Dexterity said: @CstrokerV the amp is 2 ohm stable. I know more now than I did then so it’s a piece of crap lol. Thinking about giving that system to my girlfriend and upgrading the amp to a skar Rp-1200.1d. Good match? Also the amp is only rated at 500 watts but they say it can reach 2000. Like I said I didn’t know til after I bought lol.
CstrokerV Posted March 29, 2020 Report Posted March 29, 2020 What’s the rms of the subs? my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
CstrokerV Posted March 29, 2020 Report Posted March 29, 2020 Look for an repeatable amp that does around 1000 rms at 2 ohms and build a new box see if you are happier for now then save some money ... look at the sundown sfb-3000 my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Dexterity Posted March 30, 2020 Author Report Posted March 30, 2020 4 hours ago, CstrokerV said: Look for an repeatable amp that does around 1000 rms at 2 ohms and build a new box see if you are happier for now then save some money ... look at the sundown sfb-3000 That seems like a lot of money for an amp for my current subs to be honest. What about the skar rp-1500.1D? Whats the benefit of a repeatable amp?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.