I'm a little confused

Dafaseles

Shit I swear I thought you said 5 channel.

But the t400x4ad will do the same numbers or better as this t1000x5ad does onnirs stereo channels.

Now as far as your situation, it seems to look like you're thinking if you give each channel of the 4 channel amp a 4 ohm load, that it's 1 ohm at the  amp.

No, the channels are independent of each other and the impedance does not "sum" across it's channels

You hook 4 4ohm speakers to it, each channel sees 4 ohm.

You definitely do not want to wire 8 ohm speakers to it, you will be getting half of it's power. It's rated 100x4 @ 4 ohms stereo. You'll get 50 x 4 stereo at 8 ohm speakers.

What I would do, if you're looking to run 4 8" pa mid range speakers is get 4 4ohm speakers.

Wire each pair parallel and bridge the amp. The amp will do 320x2 @ 2 ohms.

You put a pair wired in parallel on each bridged channel to get all the juice that thing has

9 hours ago, 121gigawatts said:

That’s crazy. All my mids and highs are Memphis too. I’m running Memphis mojo pro 6.5” in all my doors, components with passive crossovers and 3.5” bullet tweeters up front, just speakers in the back. A sundown sax-100.4 pushing the my mids and highs. They are really good. What kind of subwoofer and subwoofer amp set up do you have to need all that extra mids and highs you want??

So, all the Memphis stuff I listed that's in the truck now, I'm running 4 12" JL audio W6's in a sealed enclosure (that's too small for those speakers. Not by a whole lot, maybe a little less than a cubic foot) inside the cab. I wanted to put my backseat back in so my girls can ride with me, and somehow I talked my wife into letting me upgrade. So in my garage, I've got 4 12" FI Audio Q series neo subs. 1750 watt rms each. I'm planning on getting the incriminator Audio IA30.1 to push those and putting them in the bed in a 6th order blow through enclosure.

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Shit I swear I thought you said 5 channel.

But the t400x4ad will do the same numbers or better as this t1000x5ad does onnirs stereo channels.

Now as far as your situation, it seems to look like you're thinking if you give each channel of the 4 channel amp a 4 ohm load, that it's 1 ohm at the  amp.

No, the channels are independent of each other and the impedance does not "sum" across it's channels

You hook 4 4ohm speakers to it, each channel sees 4 ohm.

You definitely do not want to wire 8 ohm speakers to it, you will be getting half of it's power. It's rated 100x4 @ 4 ohms stereo. You'll get 50 x 4 stereo at 8 ohm speakers.

What I would do, if you're looking to run 4 8" pa mid range speakers is get 4 4ohm speakers.

Wire each pair parallel and bridge the amp. The amp will do 320x2 @ 2 ohms.

You put a pair wired in parallel on each bridged channel to get all the juice that thing has

Unfortunately, that amp doesn't want to be bridged at 2 ohm. So I guess my only option is to find one that does, or just push them at 4 ohm and not get all the juice.....I don't think 8 8" speakers will fit across my backseat, though that would be cool as hell! 

2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

can you run that amp at 2 ohms bridged? It doesn't look like it's rated to do that.

but if you can, that is what I would do as well.

No, that amp doesn't want to be bridged at 2 ohm. I guess I've got to look for a different one.

What? The b2 audio can't be bridged?

That's very rare this day and age, especially from a company like b2

Then just do 8 ohm speakers.

It just get the Rockford t400x4.

The thing is the size of 2 packs of smokes. And does 150x4 @ 2 ohms certified. And can take being bridged at 2 ohm stereo.

They do  285-315 x 4 at 2 ohms dynamic.

That's a sickening amount of power for any 4 channel rated at 100x4 and given the size, shit..

36 minutes ago, AaronT said:

What? The b2 audio can't be bridged?

That's very rare this day and age, especially from a company like b2

Then just do 8 ohm speakers.

It just get the Rockford t400x4.

The thing is the size of 2 packs of smokes. And does 150x4 @ 2 ohms certified. And can take being bridged at 2 ohm stereo.

They do  285-315 x 4 at 2 ohms dynamic.

That's a sickening amount of power for any 4 channel rated at 100x4 and given the size, shit..

Yeah, that B2 audio rage 600.4, under bridged @2 ohm, it says n/a. It'll do bridged at 4 ohm. Size is a big issue. I don't want to put my amps in the bed if there's a way to mount them in my cab. Once this virus thing has cooled down a bit, I can go to my cousin's house to measure under his backseat. I'm pretty sure his year Silverado back seat is the same as my year. If it's not exactly, it's similar. I'll have to look into that fosgate. I've never heard a bad thing about there amps. Now I'm sitting here talking myself into getting 6 8's and 2 tweeters for the backseat. That should be ok right? Wire 2 sets of 8's parallel, buy 2 passive crossovers, then do 2 sets of an 8" and a tweeter? 

3 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

So, all the Memphis stuff I listed that's in the truck now, I'm running 4 12" JL audio W6's in a sealed enclosure (that's too small for those speakers. Not by a whole lot, maybe a little less than a cubic foot) inside the cab. I wanted to put my backseat back in so my girls can ride with me, and somehow I talked my wife into letting me upgrade. So in my garage, I've got 4 12" FI Audio Q series neo subs. 1750 watt rms each. I'm planning on getting the incriminator Audio IA30.1 to push those and putting them in the bed in a 6th order blow through enclosure.

That’s going to be a nasty set up. Why don’t you go bigger on the amp? You could put a 7500 or a 8k or 10k on them. Get an Ampere audio aa-7500.1. Or if you wanna save money and trust Brazilian then go with a taramps md8000.1 premier. Some people don’t trust Brazilian. The aa-7500.1 is like $1500 and the md8000.1 premier is like $500. Or if you don’t wanna go that loud then that ia30.1 is good or a sundown salt-4. I’d go with the salt-4 because it has better numbers when it comes to an amps sound quality and it puts out more rms too. I’m getting a salt-4. It has awesome numbers all the way around. Signal to noise, damping factor, thd, efficiency, and dyno scores. It’s like $1200. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

51 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

That’s going to be a nasty set up. Why don’t you go bigger on the amp? You could put a 7500 or a 8k or 10k on them. Get an Ampere audio aa-7500.1. Or if you wanna save money and trust Brazilian then go with a taramps md8000.1 premier. Some people don’t trust Brazilian. The aa-7500.1 is like $1500 and the md8000.1 premier is like $500. Or if you don’t wanna go that loud then that ia30.1 is good or a sundown salt-4. I’d go with the salt-4 because it has better numbers when it comes to an amps sound quality and it puts out more rms too. I’m getting a salt-4. It has awesome numbers all the way around. Signal to noise, damping factor, thd, efficiency, and dyno scores. It’s like $1200. 

Sorry, I meant I'm planning on getting 2 incriminator audio ia30.1's. My bad. It should be nasty! I'm sure hoping so! Now it's just buying the rest of the pieces to the puzzle, then installing the thing. I've installed small systems before. Nothing like this. I'm learning a whole lot. It's pretty damn fun! I'm thinking of going with 2 ia30.1's because the thing is built like a damn brick shithouse! I feel like this will be the last 2 amps I'll ever need, even if I drive my truck into a lake. I've been reading up on those salt amps though. Seems like sundown is working on stepping their game up even further and trying not to be known just as a high spl, competition brand

Archived