Protecting new ground

1.21 up in here again with his talking out his ass bullshit 

Dude really you are Soo full headed it's disgusting.

"Disrupting ground surface"

Coating is a costing, whether it's bedliner, plasti-dip, enamel or clear coat.

Bedliner being there better of the 4 as it's durable and dries to a more robust surface thickness and created a harder shell.

3 hours ago, AaronT said:

1.21 up in here again with his talking out his ass bullshit 

Dude really you are Soo full headed it's disgusting.

"Disrupting ground surface"

Coating is a costing, whether it's bedliner, plasti-dip, enamel or clear coat.

Bedliner being there better of the 4 as it's durable and dries to a more robust surface thickness and created a harder shell.

Just like you just said a minute ago in another thread there’s no such thing as a subsonic filter and it’s called a infrasonic filter. Lol like they aren’t the same shit. It’s like you’re trying to find something to chime in on about me to throw shots at me. You’re shooting blanks dude. Keep trying. Dude could use any of the shit to protect the ground and be fine. But clear coat has always been the go to. I could explain reasoning behind why undercoating could eventually affect the ground in a bad way or how spray can bedliner could flake off metal after awhile because it’s just on one little area verses a whole big area like intended for a trucks bed or big areas but you will come up with some shit to spew out your mouth to try and discredit or disprove me so it’s not worth explaining. Fuck it. Let the dude do what he wants. Piss on the ground. It might perfect it from ants or something. You’re a lame. For sure. Get some business about yourself and get off my jock. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

6 hours ago, reedal said:

Show me. You're not disrupting the contacting surface. It covers the area the same as clear coat, just with a different material. Show me how it weakens the ground

It does over time and then dude wondered why his amp was getting hot. I sprayed undercoating before on a external ground on a truck before and after kind of a long time, I don’t remember exactly but dude called me and said his amp would get hot as shit and eventually cut off and then I checked the ground and it seemed tight. Maybe it loosened and I didn’t notice. Maybe the undercoating loosened it over time.  I cleaned it with a wire brush and then regrounded it with the same nut and bolt and grounding point and clear coated it and I’ve yet to hear anything bad from him and that was a long time ago. I’m still in contact with the dude too. Idk why the undercoating did that but I know it did because I grounded it tight with a nut and bolt and the surface was pre brushed a lot, so it was bare metal. A good ground. I sprayed undercoating because that seemed like the best thing to use at the shop so I did and after a while, months,  he called about his amp heating up and shutting off. The ground went bad and it was because of that undercoating. I don’t know why and I don’t know if it will happen to every application but it happened so I told him to use clear coat because I’ve never had any problems with it.

On 4/20/2020 at 4:52 PM, sierra mist said:

I've only seen the under carriage stuff so I wouldn't have thought of clear coat. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Will this work? 

clear-rust-oleum-stops-rust-general-purpose-spray-paint-7701830-64_1000.jpg

Some say it’s better to use oil base paint (some enamel paints) on outdoor metal than water base paint (all acrylic paints and some enamel paint). And do you see on the can you posted in this picture, it says “for a PROTECTIVE glossy finish”. So it will protect your ground from elements just like it protects paint from elements. That’s a good choice. 

12 hours ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

It does over time and then dude wondered why his amp was getting hot. I sprayed undercoating before on a external ground on a truck before and after kind of a long time, I don’t remember exactly but dude called me and said his amp would get hot as shit and eventually cut off and then I checked the ground and it seemed tight. Maybe it loosened and I didn’t notice. Maybe the undercoating loosened it over time.  I cleaned it with a wire brush and then regrounded it with the same nut and bolt and grounding point and clear coated it and I’ve yet to hear anything bad from him and that was a long time ago. I’m still in contact with the dude too. Idk why the undercoating did that but I know it did because I grounded it tight with a nut and bolt and the surface was pre brushed a lot, so it was bare metal. A good ground. I sprayed undercoating because that seemed like the best thing to use at the shop so I did and after a while, months,  he called about his amp heating up and shutting off. The ground went bad and it was because of that undercoating. I don’t know why and I don’t know if it will happen to every application but it happened so I told him to use clear coat because I’ve never had any problems with it.

It wasnt because of the undercoating. Use your head man. Either dude was fucking with the settings and probably turned the gain like a volume knob, or the connections weren't clean and tight.

To the OP, for future reference, clean the frame to bare metal where you're going to ground it, dab a little dielectric grease, bolt your ground to it, clean off the excess grease, and use spray paint, clear, bed liner, undercoating, liquid electrical tape, or anything else you can think of that will cover up and seal off any exposed bare metal to prevent corrosion from occurring. 

Archived