Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted
  1. Had the subs for a few years but only just recently got to using them . Did I bottom out or what?  I have seen quite a few blown subs but never this. It's sounded off since I put them in, and the truck hasnt been drivable till now so I just recently got to take it for a ride , coil is not burnt and ohms out fine. Obvious scuff marks where it rubbed( which when I shut it down to further investigate I found it frozen) 

IMG_20200429_221157.jpg

Posted

Well that really sucks 😕 wasnt even running them hard gains all set properly with dd1 0db  on headunit -3 db on amps.  Given I have them on 2500 watts and it's a 1500 watt rms sub but I figured that would be fine especially using -3db tones.  This isn't my first rodeo but godamn I figured it would take more than that to kill it or a coil would smoke before something like this.. I can't even get the thing back centered it won't budge.. Its a 18" crescendo forte wonder if I can get a compatible recone somewhere like psi so it's not just a paperweight before I get rid of the rest and go back to sundown since they have never let me down... 

Posted

Maybe during shipping =/ I've had them in the box for 2-3 years until I got ready to use them , didn't see any signs or dents on the boxes though. Sure wish I could fix it somehow. I kinda feel like it was a bad glue job if it did loosen up, I don't know why the pole would be part of the magnet or bolted or something seems like poor design to use glue for that but I don't make speakers for a living so idk maybe there's a reason. Out of all the subs I've owned over the years this is a first. I still have 4 sundown e 12 v1 I use for basement parties and I used to beat the hell out of them on double the rating and they are still going strong. 2 sundown x 15s I also beat on and a friend still has them going strong. I'm just gonna get 4 nsv4 18s that was the plan anyway just made me need them sooner

Posted

Crescendos qc isnt good. They send out a decent amount of broken shit. Also their cs is garbage too. Cant go wrong with sundown. Or skar or american bass.

Posted

I can believe it..there customer support is pretty bad to hell I've waited 7 months on an order they told me 2 weeks for, to bad my whole build is already them oh well still getting back on the sundown train.

Posted

I could see that however it was in a wall with 4 layers of 3/4 mdf and tons of bracing internally and all seams glassed.  the only flex i have/ had was typical stuff like windshield, doors, dash.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...