2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

6 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

So, what's left on the agenda is 8 8" Sundown neo pro v.3's, 8 Sundown SA V.2 silk dome tweeters, 3 sets of 20' knukoncepts RCA's, 2 sets of 3' knukoncepts RCA's, 3 sets of RCA splitters for the 4 channels, 30' of knukoncepts 4/0 cable and to figure out where I'm going to get ring terminals that big, an OM1-TM1-VM1 combo pack, Full Tilt 8 awg and 12 awg OFC speaker wire, a hydraulic crimper, cable cutters, 40 square feet of NVX sound deadener, a cut sheet and plans, an accordion boot (I'm guessing about 6 or 7 feet) and I'm sure I'm missing something..... and on top of all that I need to figure out how I'm going to get a truck with 2 dead batteries to go get a shell put on. Any suggestions? 🤣

And I haven't even taken the old setup out yet. That should be fun! Lol

And when I get a chance, I'll stick one of those reducers on and see how they fit. 

Insert Chris rock voice here “Good lord that’s a lot of pieces!” Dang!! Took a quick peak, Amazon & eBay both carry terminals!

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to get the correct Knukonceptz rcas. The ones I bought grabbed too hard and were so hard to get off where I was nervous about damaging my gear. I had to use pliers to wiggle them out my head unit and it made me think I was gonna hurt my head units rcas. It was that tight. Same thing when I tried to get them off a saz3500d I use to have. I wouldn’t dare use them on my taramps amps because them rca inputs are not that sturdy. I had bought the karma v3 4channel rca cables. The prongs look the same as the klarity ones. So I’d stay away from them 2 models. If you are bent on knukonceptz rcas, then the krystal and krux cables would be better. I think. Them cables could have that too tight grip too. Idk. I love Knukonceptz wire and that all I use. But I don’t like their rcas because of that tight grip. Any good twisted rcas would do the same thing and work just as well and have a snug grip instead of a tight one. And don’t think that it’s gonna be ok if it’s too tight and you can just use some pliers or something to stretch out the rings on the rca prongs. The rings are so thick and rugged. Way more so than any rcas I’ve ever seen. And if the grip isn’t symmetrical as possible, then the connection of that rca signal isn’t gonna be good. It’s possible to do it. But it’s gonna be a headache. Fugh it, I’m gonna try. Lol!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I was thinking about using the Krystal RCA's. I've heard nothing but good things about their durability and the way they don't let any outside noise in for a really good price. I've heard about the tight connections though. It actually pulled the connections smooth off my friends Skar RP2000.1. For the price and workability, I couldn't find anything better. Ther connections being too tight was really the only con, though like you said, it could be a big con. What would you recommend for 20' RCA runs? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 5 weeks later...

Finally started pulling the old system out. Didn't get much done because of the rain, but I got the amps out. 

I didn't install this system, I had it done at a local shop. First off, I pulled the amp rack off the back of the cab with minimal effort. I wiggled it and I heard what sounded like velcro. I thought to myself there's no damn way they just used velcro to mount this amp rack. So, you know how hard you pull to get something un velcroed that's actually pretty secure? Not too hard, but a little harder than just regular velcro? That's how much effort it took to pull this amp rack off its mounts, through the wood. No velcro. Cheap ass wood. I'm surprised it didn't fall off just driving around. I'm glad I never let my daughters ride back there on the fake seat. 

Also, on one of the 1000.1's, only the one amp, on the power input and the ground input, there where smaller gauge wires. I could see what gauge, but the same size as the remote wires. I'm not an expert, but I have no idea what they might be for. I guess we'll find out as I dig deeper into removing this system

20201212_153902.jpg

20201212_155636.jpg

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

What are you gonna do about the bed of that truck when you do a 6th order enclosure? Camper shell?

Camper shell. I got the plans and the cut sheet for the box I'm going to use. It's the whole bed of the truck. 64 inches front to tailgate, 50" wheel well to wheel well, 20ish inches to the top of the bed. And dude designed it so I could mount my amps under the back of the box and make a little door so I could access them again without having to remove the whole enclosure when I get a new deck. 

I hope you don't get offended 1.21. I was going to ask you to design me a box, but it seemed like you had a crap ton of other things to deal with, with your build and work and such. I didn't want to bug you brother. 

On 11/14/2020 at 8:17 PM, Dafaseles said:

I was thinking about using the Krystal RCA's. I've heard nothing but good things about their durability and the way they don't let any outside noise in for a really good price. I've heard about the tight connections though. It actually pulled the connections smooth off my friends Skar RP2000.1. For the price and workability, I couldn't find anything better. Ther connections being too tight was really the only con, though like you said, it could be a big con. What would you recommend for 20' RCA runs? 

Late post but NVX X-Series, I like em in my car

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Just got these little gems in the mail. 

Still have about $2,283 to spend, along with about $2,200-$2,400 on a shell, before I have everything I need. Hopefully I can sell my 4 12's and 4 amps. That'll take a chunk out at least. 

Still open to suggestions on some good sounding, about 200-250 rms 8" midrange speakers. I'm thinking about breaking bread and getting the Sundown Audio NeoPro v3's. Hoping they have the kind of sound quality I prefer (a warmer sound). But not 100% sold yet

20201215_164728.jpg

On 12/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, Dafaseles said:

Wish you would have said something earlier, NVX was having a black Friday sale lol

haha unfortunately I don't get on this site much anymore. Sent you a PM though that might help you sell some things

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived