I love this thread , Your Audio Addiction is back , It’s starts out just wanting a tiny bit more and moves to new box, battery , subs and amp, all of us on this site suffer from this addiction and it’s a great problem to have , your gonna love those SA’s , I’ve ran 3 for years on double the power and never had an issue.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Backwoods said:

Thanks man! I have an extra spot under my hood where I can put a second battery. So maybe that'll be my next project. Just have to get a battery tray setup for it and then research if I need an isolator or anything.

Dude... I just seen It says that thing weighs 91 pounds... That's insane. 

You are welcome dude! 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

5 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I love this thread , Your Audio Addiction is back , It’s starts out just wanting a tiny bit more and moves to new box, battery , subs and amp, all of us on this site suffer from this addiction and it’s a great problem to have , your gonna love those SA’s , I’ve ran 3 for years on double the power and never had an issue.

I was trying to fight it :D I thought i could just be happy on 500rms... But damn it that's not the case LOL

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Tested the on screen voltage display with a DMM at the battery and can say it's accurate to .1 volt and updates pretty quickly... It won't read a drop that goes for a split second, but does read drops on bass notes that go for a couple seconds... Good enough for me.

Man I love this head unit... But every once in a while it just cuts off, I can't find any reason why, it comes right back on and only happens once in a while. Bass is not the reason, I can't find any wiring issues, it was professionally installed... Doesn't happen everyday. Not only when playing music either... I can't figure it out.

IMG_20200613_180006250.jpg

SFB2K is here. Not much bigger than the SFB1K. Which is great, it will still fit under my front passenger seat.

Wish the subs came today as well... But looks like Monday for them. I'll install the subs the day I get them, and run them a bit on the 1K... Then it will probably be another week before I hook up the 2K to them. I got July 14th free... So I'll likely do big 3, run 0 awg, and install the 2K then. 

IMG_20200703_122717853.jpg

Subs arrived and I got them installed. Sounds great, but I can tell they want more power. Next week they will get it!

IMG_20200706_104128452.jpg

Ordering a 280 amp alternator and a voltage booster from Mike Singer. Pretty cool that he also drives a 4runner so he knows exactly what works great for my vehicle. 

Will also be adding a couple agm batteries. Both under the hood. And finally will be able to see 14.4 volts. 

If 2K watts still doesnt push the subs as much as id like, at least my electrical system will be good up to 4K. 

I did the big 3 today and hooked up the 2k. Glad I didn't rush into buying a 3K amp. This hits plenty hard enough for me. Ran 2 runs of power and 2 runs of ground to the amp. All 0awg OFC. Ordered dual input adapters as well. 

I'm all ready for the HO alternator, voltage booster, and AGMs.

Also got a local vinyl printing company to print me a vinyl graphic for my box to cover the window... I pick it up on the morning. I love the box, but don't care for the huge D4S logo on it.

And yes.. my engine bay is a bit dirty... But I do a lot of offroading through mud and sand.

IMG_20200714_163424636.jpg

Archived