Curious if anyone has ordered from Fi recently

Kocyandia

41 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

They definitely play by their own rules when designing motors.

I'm torn... I am kind of glad I ordered the SSDs before the switch coming up, but kind of not at the same time... New subs mean more orders and they already are having a hard time keeping up.. plus they're still debating having a black Friday sale... So if I waited, it would've taken EVEN LONGER... 

Plus I like the look of the motor on the version I got... Triple+ stacks just make me happy... Not that I'll ever see that once in the box... So that's not really a deciding factor... 

But I love the look of the thicker foam surround on the new SSD... Which probably also means it will play lower frequencies, but I don't really play anything lower than 30, and any of Fi subs can handle that in the proper enclosure...

The specs will be the deciding factor in whether or not I feel some buyers remorse once these are released... 

If the difference between these new SSD and the version I have ends up being similar to the Sundown X vs U, with the new SSD being more like the X, I won't really regret it...  Sundown X and U have similar power handlings, but the X goes lower, also likes a bigger box, but lots of people have said the U was better on a larger variety of music and many have gotten higher SPL readings with the U... Then again install and enclosure always makes the biggest difference...

I guess we will see... I'm sure I'll be more than happy with my setup regardless.

Is that a ferrite slug with a neo bottom like they do with the delta series, just with a small boot over the neo part? 

Triple stack magnets (aesthetic wise) in my opinion are like an old school muscle car. Always love looking at it no matter how long that style is out, and you know that's a monster motor!  But I can't front, the ferrite magnet with the neo back like on the delta series, has to be my favorite looking motor configuration. But I agree, the booty is usually hidden anyway soooooo...... lol. 

The numbers are usually the deciding factor, no doubt! But I don't see a specific subwoofer series changing that dramatically in a single update while still keeping the same name. I'm pretty confident in saying you will be more than pleased as well! I'm almost at the point that I'd be willing to give up my first born daughter to be able to stay my build lol. I lik at my subs every morning, staring at me, like those twins in The Shining! "Come play with us!"

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I got the "your order has shipped" email but no tracking number...   :(

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

13 hours ago, Phuzun said:

Got my tracking number and see that it is out on a truck now.  Pretty excited to get that thing in my hatch and see how this box sounds.

Did you get your tracking number at the same time as this email?

Screenshot_20201023-214531.png

12 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

Did you get your tracking number at the same time as this email?

Screenshot_20201023-214531.png

I remember, because I lightweight freaked out as well, I got my tracking number a couple of days after I got that email

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

29 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I remember, because I lightweight freaked out as well, I got my tracking number a couple of days after I got that email

Ok thanks man, hopefully I get the tracking Monday then LOL

Just now, Phuzun said:

I got my tracking number from FedEx.  Pretty sure it is because I'm signed up with them for alerts to my address.

Ah, that makes sense. I will have to set that up as well... Be useful for future deliveries.

Archived