HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

i really dont like being an internet smartass but with this long answer you gave, it might have been easier to do this

100a=bad, 160 or larger=good.

less space, question answered, no aggravation :D

Well since that would be a bad answer I didn't write it

160amp on 4awg over 8ft would be bad.

Sounds like you still haven't used the search button or google.

Just because Im a little nice today.

http://www.the12volt.com/wiring/recwirsz.asp

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

This is real simple man, your amp requires 180 amps of fuseing.

It sounds like it has built in fuseing.

If its the only amp you are running I recommend putting a 200 amp fuse at the battery.

Me personally I would use a 225 amp ANL if they make them, you might only find 250 amp ANLs.

So if my power wire was comming straight from the battery to the amp I would use either a 200 amp or a 250 amp ANL fuse at the battery.

You should be covered as far as current drops go.

If your amp does not have built in fusing I would put a 225 or 250 amp ANL fuse at the battery then I would put the closest thing to a 180 amp fuse as close to the amp as possible.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

200-250 amp anl on fucking 4awg...??????????

How about NO FUSE, cause you'd be using the god damn wire at that point.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

200-250 amp anl on fucking 4awg...??????????

How about NO FUSE, cause you'd be using the god damn wire at that point.

He should have atleast a 200 amp fuse up by the battery if his amp has 180 amps worth of fusing on it and its got a 10 foot to 17 foot run of power wire. The fuse WILL BLOW if it gets shorted out.

I did not pay attention to what size wire he already has. For me anything that has the ability to pull that much current I automatically use 1/0 guage.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I do recommend upgradeing to 1/0 gauge.

Look at darvex for high quaility power wire.

in short:

My local shop sells 1/0 gauge for $8.00 a foot.

Darvex the same 1/0 seems to average $4.25 a foot and less.for the same stuff.

Terryswork001.png

I do recommend upgradeing to 1/0 gauge.

Look at darvex for high quaility power wire.

in short:

My local shop sells 1/0 gauge for $8.00 a foot.

Darvex the same 1/0 seems to average $4.25 a foot and less.for the same stuff.

yeah i am definatley going with 1/0ga but right now my truck was loaded with 4ga and i spent a ton of money upgrading everything else so the switch will be easy. any of you guys use a 0/1g to 4g reducer terminal? the guy at the local shop suggested one, but isnt that defeating the purpose of upgrading in the first place? makes me wonder why memphis only used 4g terminals for this amp even though it's pulling all that power?

yeah i am definatley going with 1/0ga but right now my truck was loaded with 4ga and i spent a ton of money upgrading everything else so the switch will be easy. any of you guys use a 0/1g to 4g reducer terminal? the guy at the local shop suggested one, but isnt that defeating the purpose of upgrading in the first place? makes me wonder why memphis only used 4g terminals for this amp even though it's pulling all that power?

hell the newer Rockford T1500-1bd uses a 200 amp fuse and it only accepts 4 ga. the reducer would/will work fine.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module