• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't get a chance to install the speakers this weekend, been busy with the family and i need to pick up some spade connectors. plan on picking them up tomorrow. plan on installing them once i finish the replacement fuel pump on my uncle's car.

• 2 weeks later...

i think i'm going to wait on hooking up the speakers till i can get some more money for some 1/0 and 4ga wire so i can run them off my r400.4d this is a budget system but i wanna do it right. what do you guys think? should i just hook up the speakers to the high level outs on the deck or just wait till i can run the 4 channel?

27 minutes ago, LordArcane said:

i think i'm going to wait on hooking up the speakers till i can get some more money for some 1/0 and 4ga wire so i can run them off my r400.4d this is a budget system but i wanna do it right. what do you guys think? should i just hook up the speakers to the high level outs on the deck or just wait till i can run the 4 channel?

It'll sound better off the 4 channel in my opinion. I'd wait. That's just me though

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Do you plan on running new wire to the doors? At 75 watts rms you can still use speed wire/ 9 conductor wire and not replace the factory wiring. Hook them up now and hook up and amp later. Then you can do a before and after comparison. 

2 hours ago, liteblue said:

Do you plan on running new wire to the doors? At 75 watts rms you can still use speed wire/ 9 conductor wire and not replace the factory wiring. Hook them up now and hook up and amp later. Then you can do a before and after comparison. 

i do plan on running new wires when i do the 4 channel. i would have to disconnect the high outs when i do the 4 channel as i got factory tweeters in the dash, may replace those later on as well but no plans for that yet. just want to disconnect them when i do the 4 channel as my deck clips at 44 on the high outs and clips at 62 on the low level outs so going to disconnect the high outs when i do the 4 channel so the tweeter in dash is not seeing power. i may still put the speakers in now still debating, but right now i been having a lot of side car work to do still have some tranny cooler lines i have to replace and then i will have some free time to work on the Honda. 

I hear you man, then probably best to wait it out and just pull door panels once. Less chance of breaking clips.

Double check that you won't essential disable the factory tweeters by running your own speaker wire to the doors. I know in my Chevy the tweeters are wired into the loom someplace and not just in parallel at the door speaker. I would have to run a second wire from the door to the dash if I were to not use factory wiring.  Much less work using the 9 conductor. It is a bit more expensive than just 100 foot of speaker wire but you save loads of time. Just a thought.

Archived