Arthur79 Posted June 7, 2021 Report Posted June 7, 2021 I've been looking around for a DB meter to measure SPL that won't break the bank. Wondering what everybody here is using. Has anybody laid hands on the SPL Lab Mini or SPL Lab USB? https://gpcaraudio.com/spl-lab-mini-bass-meter-v2/ https://gpcaraudio.com/spl-lab-usb-bass-db-meter-second-edition/ It would be awesome to start taking some measurements on some of my builds.
Dafaseles Posted June 7, 2021 Report Posted June 7, 2021 I've never used one, but for everyday guys, and novice competitors, I usually hear SPL Labs https://spllabusa.com/products/bass-meters.html And Sound Solutions Audio https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/spl-meters/sound-solutions-audio/ I have no idea if either of those is considered cheap lol 2011 Chevy Silverado under construction My build log here. Check it out!
Arthur79 Posted June 7, 2021 Author Report Posted June 7, 2021 9 minutes ago, Dafaseles said: I've never used one, but for everyday guys, and novice competitors, I usually hear SPL Labs https://spllabusa.com/products/bass-meters.html And Sound Solutions Audio https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/spl-meters/sound-solutions-audio/ I have no idea if either of those is considered cheap lol Cool, that SPL Lab link is what I think I was looking at. The APM-X is definitely more expensive, but it looks like a superior product. Now I just have to decide between an SPL meter and upgrading from the SMD DD-1 to the DD-1 Plus for my next toy (decisions decisions!)
kalilac619 Posted June 7, 2021 Report Posted June 7, 2021 APM-X…..I have one and love it 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
Arthur79 Posted June 7, 2021 Author Report Posted June 7, 2021 34 minutes ago, kalilac619 said: APM-X…..I have one and love it Thanks!
stingray72 Posted June 18, 2021 Report Posted June 18, 2021 I use a termlab magnum and it works well for me.
Arthur79 Posted June 18, 2021 Author Report Posted June 18, 2021 Well $h!t, I went to order the APM-X just now and they are out of stock. I can't find it in stock anywhere 😒 That TermLab Magnum looks awesome, but the price is a little over what I was looking to spend. I guess I'm either waiting for the APM-X to come back in stock or looking at the SPL Lab meters. Funny thing is, I was pretty stoked about the SPL Lab Mini meters until I saw the APM-X LoL.
Joe mama Posted June 25, 2021 Report Posted June 25, 2021 Not sure on how far you want to go Down the rabbit hole with spl meters but Walmart used to carry may still do even a scosche spl1000 meter. Not sure if it does high enough for what you need it to but they are fairly accurate. I have compared them side by side at SBN a while back. And it was always with in .5 db of the one there. They are like 30 bucks. I have a couple around some where
Arthur79 Posted June 25, 2021 Author Report Posted June 25, 2021 5 minutes ago, Joe mama said: Not sure on how far you want to go Down the rabbit hole with spl meters but Walmart used to carry may still do even a scosche spl1000 meter. Not sure if it does high enough for what you need it to but they are fairly accurate. I have compared them side by side at SBN a while back. And it was always with in .5 db of the one there. They are like 30 bucks. I have a couple around some where Right on, thanks I hadn't run across the Scosche meter. It looks like it measures from 60 - 130 dB, which would come in handy for non-SPL builds. I really like the SSA APM-X, especially the app features like overlaying the meter stats on a video or picture but it's still out of stock with no indication of when it will be back in stock.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.