Sundown Audio

Can yeh help me out on this one? please and thank you!

BassHeadBlakeYo

Witch amp, and why? for my Sundown Sa.v2 dual 4 ohm 12" subwoofer that will eventually be in a custom ported box. Currently using a Skar RP-1500.1D, and running it at 2 ohms (930rms). Sounds amazing, but been told by the local shop that this Sa.v2 will be able to handle some power. How much power, I really don't know.

New to the sundown game. But enjoying the quality😎.

I pick these two amps though because the 2 ohm stability. I understand I could just buy a bigger amplifier, and run it a 2 ohms, but trying to keep the cost down. And I really like Taramps deep down! I feel like my subwoofer can handle the 1,800. but I like the features of the bass series. And I don't know if I should pass up on them or not...

Thanks for reading!

BASS 1200.PNG

MD 1800.1.PNG

31 minutes ago, BassHeadBlakeYo said:

Witch amp, and why? for my Sundown Sa.v2 dual 4 ohm 12" subwoofer that will eventually be in a custom ported box. Currently using a Skar RP-1500.1D, and running it at 2 ohms (930rms). Sounds amazing, but been told by the local shop that this Sa.v2 will be able to handle some power. How much power, I really don't know.

New to the sundown game. But enjoying the quality😎.

I pick these two amps though because the 2 ohm stability. I understand I could just buy a bigger amplifier, and run it a 2 ohms, but trying to keep the cost down. And I really like Taramps deep down! I feel like my subwoofer can handle the 1,800. but I like the features of the bass series. And I don't know if I should pass up on them or not...

Thanks for reading!

BASS 1200.PNG

MD 1800.1.PNG

Me personally, I would keep the Skar amp if it came down to those 2 options. 

But check out the Sundown SIA 1750. That would be a good amp in my opinion, of you're on a budget. 

Full bridge amps don't like too much fluctuation in voltage either, so make sure your electrical can handle them. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Keep the Skar you won’t even hear a difference unless you add another sub, and that amp is pretty much the same as the sub.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived