TheBKG Posted May 6, 2022 Report Posted May 6, 2022 I'm not currently doing a build so this is just theoretical curiosity on my part. I'd love to hear people's opinions and experiences with different A/B SQ Amps to get a feel for what's truly great sounding. I'll never be in the Money is No Object category, but by all means don't hold back on account of My budget! 😉 Also, obviously this is Only for Mids & Highs. I stick with Class D for Subs.
stingray72 Posted May 6, 2022 Report Posted May 6, 2022 https://www.crutchfield.com/S-vhfw0EtKLdK/p_091AP4340/Focal-AP-4340.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=283815057530&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=178695513559&awdv=c&awug=9006757&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoIGFiM7L9wIVKoVaBR2lYQZ5EAQYBCABEgJe-PD_BwE
Kyblack76 Posted May 7, 2022 Report Posted May 7, 2022 https://damore-engineering.myshopify.com/products/a1500-4 SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
TheBKG Posted May 7, 2022 Author Report Posted May 7, 2022 19 hours ago, stingray72 said: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-vhfw0EtKLdK/p_091AP4340/Focal-AP-4340.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=283815057530&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=178695513559&awdv=c&awug=9006757&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoIGFiM7L9wIVKoVaBR2lYQZ5EAQYBCABEgJe-PD_BwE This I'm truly surprised by, astonishingly affordable 4 CH A/B from Focal? That I didn't see coming, thx! 14 hours ago, Kyblack76 said: https://damore-engineering.myshopify.com/products/a1500-4 This however I DID see coming! 🤣❤️
TheBKG Posted May 8, 2022 Author Report Posted May 8, 2022 /BUMP for more Replies!! 😁 (Side note, these emoticons look Awful!)
Bluetegjoe Posted May 9, 2022 Report Posted May 9, 2022 $249 for spade terminals and a 76db signal to noise ratio? Do you have experience with this amp? For similar money and way more headroom I suggest this: https://www.skaraudio.com/products/skv2-100-4ab-four-channel-car-amplifier On 5/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, stingray72 said: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-vhfw0EtKLdK/p_091AP4340/Focal-AP-4340.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=283815057530&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=178695513559&awdv=c&awug=9006757&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoIGFiM7L9wIVKoVaBR2lYQZ5EAQYBCABEgJe-PD_BwE
TheBKG Posted May 10, 2022 Author Report Posted May 10, 2022 21 hours ago, Bluetegjoe said: $249 for spade terminals and a 76db signal to noise ratio? Do you have experience with this amp? For similar money and way more headroom I suggest this: https://www.skaraudio.com/products/skv2-100-4ab-four-channel-car-amplifier Yeah I had noticed that in the specs of the Focal. And more surprising is very similar specs on the much higher end Focal 4 CH. Doesn't seem like Focal quality there.
Bluetegjoe Posted May 11, 2022 Report Posted May 11, 2022 When I was building my most recent system, I looked up Focal 4 channel amplifiers because they are talked up so much on numerous forums. Even at the $800 mark, the Focal specs paled in comparison to its comparable competitor from JL Audio. I think the current Focal amps are probably chinese since the only equipment they clearly claim to be made in France is their “high end” home audio equipment. The fuse ratings for the stated rms wattage are also much lower than other reputable amps of the same rms wattage rating. They are either doing something with the circuitry that improves on class ab efficiency at the expense of the signal to noise ratio (not likely), or they are simply inflating the rms watt ratings like cheaper brands do.
Turbo598 Posted May 12, 2022 Report Posted May 12, 2022 Brax MX4pro Helix C4, C1 (I am running these in my mustang) Tru technologies billet series Mosconi pro All of these amps would be at the top of the pile for SQ. There are more amps out there but these are all easy to get in the U.S. , are reliable and the companies have great customer service if it is ever needed. I know you did not ask this question but there are Some class D amps out there that sound better than most class A/B amps now. Do not limit your choices to class A/B for SQ.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.