Components With Clear Highs And Thumping Lows!?

and another thing, if you plan on getting components, you better get an amp. no components sound good with 18 watts going to them. you will clip the hell out of them. so be prepared unless you want some coaxials.

Thats the thing, I'm trying to get good bass out of the speakers without wiring up an amp or system... Thats kinda what I'm going around.. I know its difficult to get good rich bass deep bass without an amp but thats what I'm trying to do.

I'm just trying to swap out the speakers i have right now with some better speakers. As far as i know I got 2 tweaters, 2 front door speakers and two rear speakers..

BTW, what are Coaxials (for my lack of knowledge)

06 SCION tC

i heard jbl components are actually pretty good, and some what cheap

Yea I think i've heard of them, but i havnt really heard much of them being some amazing speakers yet..?

Cheap is good as long as its giving some quality sound.

i got some infinity comps, i really like the sound of it

How does the bass sound? What model infinitys you got?

also try the line TMA. they are a lower priced division of JL Audio.,

Well lower price is better lol, I'm not trying to spend crazy money but yea I want to at least get some good thumping bass and clear highs out of some speakers

06 SCION tC

I hear that focal has some really good speakers

Yea I've heard about focal when i first got into car audio years ago, they were popular among my friends. But i dont know about their bass? I thought they were more mid to high range?

I want to try and get something that is good with low to mid to high

the cadence CVL series are good. they are not the cheapest ones out there though

I heard of Cadence subs, buddy mine had 4 12"s in an S10 walled up and was pretty crazy but i've never heard of their speakers before. If they aint cheap tho, i cant do it cuz im cheap! lol

I use Morel in my home speakers. There 5 inch mid/mid bass woofers crossed over at 75 hertz 12 DB and sound great when I have to unhook my woofers when theres company in the house.

So I figure the Morel car audio should be as equally impressive.

06 SCION tC

Coaxial speakers refer to the tweeter being mounted on top of the woofer, and component speakers are seperate. you usally get a higher price but a better sound quality out of components, and vice versa for coaxials.

also, coaxials don't come with an external passive c/o, i use the one off my deck at 80 hz just so they don't try to play the lows

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

Thats the thing, I'm trying to get good bass out of the speakers without wiring up an amp or system... Thats kinda what I'm going around.. I know its difficult to get good rich bass deep bass without an amp but thats what I'm trying to do.

If you find something like what you looking for you need to let us know.

Without the power to back it up,with out a decent price tag, your looking for the miracle midrange.

Good luck. HA :lol:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I'll throw my support support towards the Hertz Comps, the set i installed in a friends car have sounded great off just HU power. Personally, if it were my ride i would hook up some Infinity Kappa Perfect Comps ;-) i like the sound of a silk dome tweet > all others

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I'll throw my support support towards the Hertz Comps, the set i installed in a friends car have sounded great off just HU power. Personally, if it were my ride i would hook up some Infinity Kappa Perfect Comps ;-) i like the sound of a silk dome tweet > all others

-Drew

kappa perfects have aluminum tweets....although they do sound as smooth as silk. But to be honest, I never did get the midbass out of them that I was after.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.