New 18" Btl Problem

greg662

i have checked the x overs and everything if thats really the problem i have no problem buying a new cd player but i dont wanna spend the money on it if thats not really it

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

Tuning issue...subs are dumb, they do what they are told to do :)

Go over your crossover points, also it should be noted that it takes a decent amount of time to get the suspension broken in.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Agree. The higher the voltage output from the headunit the better! I have 2 12" RD sonances tuned to 28hz and have shakeing lows!!! Love it to death and a nice sized box to get the to their potential. How do you have your enclosure faced and what kind of vehicle is it in?

the sub REALLY needs to break in. Mine sound better every day and im EXTREMELEY satisfied.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

The new BTL has alot more balls than the L7. 2000 watts wont even get that BTL working or break a sweat.

Steve has like 5000 watts per BTL and they take it. Trying to put 2000 watts on it may just not cut the mustard.

One more thing is that L7 with 1000 watts was more efficiant as a set because it pushed the sub to its peak.

2000 watts on the 18 BTL will be less officiant till they break in.

This may be a little of what you see, but gains , crossover settings, ohm wiring can hurt more.

My neighbor had 2 15" subs in a pre fabbed box off a 2000 watt amp. He had me redue his set up so I ran 2 - 12" FI hybrid xs's off a true 1000 watt amp its twice as loud and the box is 1.5 cubes bigger than his older box. The bigger box gave him lots of efficiency with a smaller amp. I have two 4" aero ports coming through the back deck with the subs facing the seats. So he gets both port and sub movement in his cab. Let it break in a long time or get a bigger amp to maximize your box efficiency.

Tuned to 30hertz

Posted Image

Posted Image

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

I have a 2000 4runner i have the sub and port facing the back. i have checked my x over but i played it for a long time yesterday just rding around town and i worked all night and this morning when i got in a could tell a BIG difference just from yesterday so i am guessing it just needs needs more time to break in.

Big three upgrade

Dynamat everywhere

well i found a guy that lives around me that builds boxes i am going to get him to make me another one. what do you think i sould tune it to and how big i wanna have some good lows

Big three upgrade

Dynamat everywhere

well i found a guy that lives around me that builds boxes i am going to get him to make me another one. what do you think i sould tune it to and how big i wanna have some good lows

You need more power it seems. Not another box.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Big three upgrade

Dynamat everywhere

Archived