Mids And Highs To Keep Up With 140+db's

00cex

I bassrace the 139.9 class and I only have 2 6.5" Eminence Alpha 6A's which keep up but struggle. I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr basically like Steve's and I was thinking of doing one 8" midrange/sub and either 2) 5.25's or 2) 6.5's in each door and I was wondering which ones would be able to keep up with the subs, sound good and are pretty cheap

New: 1998 Chevy Blazer 4.3L 2dr

Alt: Unsure yet

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494

Subs: 2) 15" Hifonics Olympus V.2's

Amps: 2) Hifonics Goliath GX3000's European Version

Maxx-link

Just do a high quality set of 3 way components propperly powered. If you know what you are doing a normal highend set will work.

Thats all you need.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I bassrace the 139.9 class and I only have 2 6.5" Eminence Alpha 6A's which keep up but struggle. I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr basically like Steve's and I was thinking of doing one 8" midrange/sub and either 2) 5.25's or 2) 6.5's in each door and I was wondering which ones would be able to keep up with the subs, sound good and are pretty cheap

How much power are you currently running to them?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

i only run 2 O2 om5-200 5 1/4's and 2 cadence ultra drive tweeters and they keep up very nicely. i can give the O2's alot more power but then they start to over shadow my subs. the eminence are basically american bass (they are made in the same build house and american bass has them build there sq5 and sq5 series)

----reference's----

meade916

Im useing 2 6.5" Daytons in each of my front doors off of a 200.4 and they keep up pretty well. They need more power by far. I can basically run 200 watts to each one lol and im only running 50 so they can get a lot louder. And your front doors is the best place to have your vocals in.

Currently I have a RF p2002 or 200.2 amplifier but I plan on getting a 4 channel amp like the JL 300/4. I will be having a for sale thread here soon to free up some money to purchase mids and highs. I can get my hands on the F1 status without one of the mids for $100. They would come with the tweeters, crossovers and one of the mids should I jump on the deal?

Maxx-link

I was looking at the O2 OM8-200 new line of Oxygen Audio 8" Power Midrange Speakers. Does anyone have reviews about them or opinions?

Maxx-link

my mids keep up with 140+ easy and all i have is a single pair of cdt 5 1/4 mids off about 200w per side.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived