My Car Was In Forrest Gump!

sdrawkcaB

you want a Dr peper bottle thats suposed to be from the movie.

I like the sarcasm...

How did I know I would get flamed for this...

Geez, it's my car, my FIRST car at that, and the fact that it was in a movie like this makes me even more proud of it. Sorry you feel the need to put me down for that.

And to the guy who said it might not be worth that much to anyone else, I see your point, and I realized that at the time of the initial conversation. I still have the man's number, and I told him if he is still interested, to call me back in 10 years. I was just pointing out in the OP that I was suprised to hear this and that I feel like I can add a little more value to the car, on top what sentimental value the car has to me.

Wether it was in a big part of the movie or not, I can still say "Hey, my car was in Forrest Gump." If I don't sell it, so what. It's not like I lost anything. I still have it and I can still brag about it and say its mine. If I do decide to sell it later on, then hey, I got what I wanted for it.

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

thats pretty badass!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i remember awhile back i seen the box chev from hustle and flow movie the blue one with red fender. seen it on craigslist with the dubs for $5000 even had mississippi or wherever that was license plates on it.

all nova's are famous in my book that is.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Thanks everyone, it's nice to atlesat get SOME positive feedback.

Thats pretty awesome. What was he offering you? Maybe double what the car is worth?

He offered a little over 7x what I paid for it. (Which would be about double what I think it's worth now...)

I know, many people have told me, "Shit man, you should have took the money!!" But no. To me, the car is worth more than that, and thats all I needed to decide to not sell it.

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

hey man, I wasn't trying to tear you down. Yeas the car is a "classic" and it does have screen time in a very recognizable movie. If that makes the car special to you, then nobody is to argue that with you. That IS sentimental value , definitively. I was just trying to let you know that the fact that it was in a movie won't get you into the top five high value cars at barrett - jackson or anything. Some cars are just priceless to different people. Look at the fella that burned his truck to the ground the other day. His grandfather owned it. How would he ever be able to put a dollar value on it? He probably feels like he lost more than just a truck, more like a family heirloom and a lot of happy memories. that is what makes some cars very special.

Either way, you have a very nice car. Forest Gump cameo or not , I would like to own a two door big body nova. That car was one of the last of the "muscle car" era of GM , and if you remember, after your body style , Chevrolet followed it with one of the most pathetic cars ever. The isuzu built nova. So yes, Your car is a classic, the last of a great era in GM history. In the Chevrolet brand alone the camaros of the 80s were for the most part a big let down, the chevelle was gone, the big, gas guzzling V8 hot rods of the 70s were slowly fading away.... and the corvette was the only decent power house they had left.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I like the sarcasm...

How did I know I would get flamed for this...

Geez, it's my car, my FIRST car at that, and the fact that it was in a movie like this makes me even more proud of it. Sorry you feel the need to put me down for that.

And to the guy who said it might not be worth that much to anyone else, I see your point, and I realized that at the time of the initial conversation. I still have the man's number, and I told him if he is still interested, to call me back in 10 years. I was just pointing out in the OP that I was suprised to hear this and that I feel like I can add a little more value to the car, on top what sentimental value the car has to me.

Wether it was in a big part of the movie or not, I can still say "Hey, my car was in Forrest Gump." If I don't sell it, so what. It's not like I lost anything. I still have it and I can still brag about it and say its mine. If I do decide to sell it later on, then hey, I got what I wanted for it.

Its not really a Joke. My uncle works for the studios. Him and his brothers. My dad and my outher uncle. Buy movie props from auctions and sell them. The only problem is my uncle got mad and burnt all the paper work to a grip of props. Leaving my dad with shit like beakers from frankinstine a chair from Casablanca and outher shit worthless.

• 8 months later...

Archived