yea i know that if it did create a black hole it wouldn't be large enough to cause any harm and it could be destroyed. But it could create a very large atomic explosion.

Imagine that they already have the technology to control that shit.

The what?

We go to museums to see an actual scale model of a WORKING Black hole.

People walk through the place throwing shit in it all the time. :lol:

I think they will get all excited and smash the shit out of it and find that nothing happens.

X2

but it is one hell of a neat toy.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

thats true but there is no way that this thing can create a black hole. a black hole consists of a supermassive star that implodes in upon itself which compacts all of its mass in a spec the size of an atom which creates massive gravity due to incredible density

I was just gonna say that a black hole is a collapsed star, its not really a hole. Looks like some one else was paying attention in science class.

I do believe that one day some scienctist is going to kill us all. Any one see the movie "The Mist" or " I am Legend", I truely believe they are going to release some virus that is going to wipe us out. Or open some window into another world. Maybe not like Hollywood movies, but it could happen. The human race is suppose to go to Mars to search for life etc., how do we know that if they find some thing, that it won't kill us.... I do believe in life on other planets more advanced or not. there is some thing out there that will kill all of us. I am not saying all this because I saw one to many movies. Think about it, it could happen.

The CDC in Atlanta has the deadliest viruses known to man. They have enough to kill the world ten times over, thats a fact, not hollywood. Sucks that I live 4 hours from it.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Yes, the Large Hadron Collider can create a black hole. After all, a black hole is simply a tear in space-time. It does NOT take a star imploding, that is just a cause. A massive amount of mass changing size or mass can create a tear.

No, the chances of it happening are massively small.

No, we won't all die. If the LHC does create a black hole, does anyone here have any idea how hard it is to keep that stable? Conflicting gravitational fields rips it apart within microseconds. Relax.

Yes, this technology WILL help us, Alpine. By colliding Hadrons, we are delving deeper into the sub-atomic structure of matter. This reseach is quite important for furthering our advancement. You like your nice wrist watch with glowing hands? Atomic Physics. Do you happen to enjoy TV or computer? Quantum Physics. Do you happen to use Fluro lights? Quantum physics again.

Lets not leave out the fact that there is a good chance a lot more of the world would be speaking Japanese if not for atomic physics.

Lastly, the LHC project isn't meant to create black holes. Just like the Hoopty isn't meant to create black holes, but it is pretty loud.....

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

reminds me of stargate and that other movie with jodie foster forgot the name of it.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Yes, the Large Hadron Collider can create a black hole. After all, a black hole is simply a tear in space-time. It does NOT take a star imploding, that is just a cause. A massive amount of mass changing size or mass can create a tear.

No, the chances of it happening are massively small.

No, we won't all die. If the LHC does create a black hole, does anyone here have any idea how hard it is to keep that stable? Conflicting gravitational fields rips it apart within microseconds. Relax.

Yes, this technology WILL help us, Alpine. By colliding Hadrons, we are delving deeper into the sub-atomic structure of matter. This reseach is quite important for furthering our advancement. You like your nice wrist watch with glowing hands? Atomic Physics. Do you happen to enjoy TV or computer? Quantum Physics. Do you happen to use Fluro lights? Quantum physics again.

Lets not leave out the fact that there is a good chance a lot more of the world would be speaking Japanese if not for atomic physics.

Lastly, the LHC project isn't meant to create black holes. Just like the Hoopty isn't meant to create black holes, but it is pretty loud.....

Cheers,

Mick

I got kinda lost during all of this :lol: But i do understand they are trying to learn more about dark matter no? Dark matter is not worth a possible atomic explosion or any other harmful thing. We know enough about dark matter already. Dark matter is a gravitational web around the whole universe holding it together. You can't see it or feel it so i don't see any outcome besides learning how it expanded during the big bang and maybe more about how it works. Not worth people possibly dying over IMO.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

10,000 tons of liquid nitrogen and 130 tons of liquid helium will be deployed through the cryogenic system that contains more than 40,000 leak-tight welds :o

micky ive never really understood the concept of quantum physics. a friend of mine (incredibly smart scored a 35 on his ACT) told me that quantum physics says that (not a direct quote it was a while ago) a horse can appear randomly in front of u with no apparent starting point.

now i may be completely wrong so explain to me wut quantum physics studies pleez. (pm if u have to)

Alpine the discovery of dark matter is very important to science. there are many theories out there that cannot be explained but if this dark matter does in fact exist then we can finally conclude these theories and create new laws.

Finally BanginAltima yes i payed attention in science class. science is my favorite thing ever. i read stephen hawkings book a brief history of time in 8th grade. that book allowed me to learn so much about stellar objects. great book if u havent read it, read it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build