Second Skin Audio

Using "thru Bolts" For Speaker Connections In Box....

I held the bolt from the inside with a pair of pliers. but I guess for some applications that would be too much extra work. did good for me though

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

however you do it, is up to you, either all eight bolts or just two. Make jumpers if you need too. The point of them is to get a clean and simple install , with out using terminal cups. And , as mentioned, so you can change the ohm load if you want/need to without pulling your subs out. As far as the hard ware goes, the idea is to securely and permanently mount the bolts so that they do not come loose, and you can tighten up your wing nuts and loosen them without the bolt turning and spinning while doing so. You basically use the bolt as your mounting post, and you want to "clamp" the bolt to the MDF with a nut on each side of the wood.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I held the bolt from the inside with a pair of pliers. but I guess for some applications that would be too much extra work. did good for me though

why not use a socket or wrench? btw, the point of the bolts is so that you have a terminal. that means you dont need to pull the subs out to remove your box from the car. having to hold the bolt on the inside with "pliers" requires you to remove the subs, which means the whole process of using bolts is pointless.

p.s. have fun removing your subs when you need to take your box out.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

why not use a socket or wrench? btw, the point of the bolts is so that you have a terminal. that means you dont need to pull the subs out to remove your box from the car. having to hold the bolt on the inside with "pliers" requires you to remove the subs, which means the whole process of using bolts is pointless.

p.s. have fun removing your subs when you need to take your box out.

I take my box out almost every other week, I dont disconnect the wires from the box, I disconect the wire from the amp. It works for me, all I needed was a way to get wire through without using terminals. I could have done direct wire out a hole and then sealed it, but this looks cleaner.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

i use to love the use of terminals but hell the bolt, nut and washer way seems better and cheaper.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I don't like anything between my amp and subs.

Whats wrong with drilling a hole the size of your wire and tieing a loose knot in it on the inside of your box and sealing the hole with silicone.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i like the look of terminal cup, makes the box look finished IMO.

but when you cant see the wires in the 1st place(on alot of installs anyway) why bother with them, just use bolts

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.