Sundown Audio

Any one here ever ran multiple Orion 2500ds?

Ernesto

I'm considering running four Orion 2500ds for my next setup since it's probably the most reliable amp I will be able to find that I can afford.

My question is how you guys run four of them? I've heard these are the best amps to "daisy chain", I've been told not to daisy chain them so how else would I connect them, safely?

Last Orion 2500d I had I just connected a 300amp fuse by the battery (under hood) and from there I ran the power wire directly to the amp, grounded it, remote wire, that's it. Ran like a champ.

My main concern is how would I run the RCAs to each amp without daisy chaining them.

Check ur email....I attached a owners manual from the Orion HCCA D5000. They can be daisied. Just look at the owners manual. U can get the new D5000s for about 600 each shipped off ebay. I know people have been talking about its protection problem with the voltage drops but Ive also noticed most of those people didnt have a high amp alternator. So if ur electrical system is up to par then that shouldnt be a problem.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

No it's not official that these can be daisy chained. They said the same thing about the Orion 2500d and a bunch of people had problems with them...

As for me owning another HCCA D5000... HELLO NO :excl:

I've owned two Orion 2500ds in the passed with no problems. Then I decided to update and sold them for two D5000s... That shit didn't last more than 10minutes.

Sold the other one (still in the box), same shit happened to the guy who bought it.

It isn't an electrical issue... I have a 130amp alt and a yellow top at the time and the Orion 2500ds ran all day with that.

i wonder what they changed on their newer amps?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

where did you guys buy your orions?

our local dealer sells them like hotcakes and no problems

I bought both of mine from Shane/HCCAFAN...I'm sure you already know his story.

Every body that got theirs from him blew.

Your local dealer sells the old "Orion" ones that are chrome or the new models/ HCCA?