Second Skin Audio

Last Time....mtx 9500's

one of my posts on the first page was DC and Fi. he picked what he wanted and i guess now he can't afford an amp for them. One W7 costs more than my whole substage lol

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

i know...i found w7's for 500 a piece and 9512's for 370 a piece...that is way below msrp for both.

its not a matter of me being able to afford an amp that will power them, just to afford the am that i want.....but now that you mention that the alpine pdx amp is good, i found one of those for 470, so that would be do-able.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

agreed, tbird trunk openings are pretty big you shouldnt have a issue fitting it.

I was thinking the samething accordman.

I had a 1990 ford thunderbird supercoupe 35th annerversory.

I easily put 3 15s in the trunk, with the box not being built inside the car.

I also had the euru ricer gauges (changed to blue and green) and matching piller gauges.

Kinda miss that car along with my old pioneer headunit and deq, but it had some major issues with it.

yeah i placed the order already, but havent payed. so nothing is set in stone, i might decide i want to go back with the 9500's. but im not getting the Fi Q's. if i were to get Fi's i would get BTL's. but as i have heard and had confirmed by a few people, they take a lot of power to run, and i dont have the kind of money for the amps to power them.

and the amp would only be temporary until i do buy the one that i want.

you wouldnt like the sound of the BTL, while you can make them sound good, they sound nothing like a W7,u would do much better with either a Q or BL, or the DC Lvl 3

and i was considering the lvl 3's also....i saw that a member was selling 4 of them(dont need 4 but w/e) and im going to see if a friend of mine would be able to buy those for me since he lives near the guy.

Matt W.

okay, i get what you mean.

question about the w7's....why are the always referred to as SPL woofers or Competition woofers on websites that sell them?

Matt W.

okay, i get what you mean.

question about the w7's....why are the always referred to as SPL woofers or Competition woofers on websites that sell them?

Selling pionts.

They are supposed to be a very good SQ woofer.

SPL I don't think so.

can they do SPL yes, Can they handle the abuse of a real SPL woofer NO.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I heard that the w6 is a better choice for spl purposes as well as the w7 being a sq woofer.

Theres a guy around my city with a w7 and two 1000 watt jl amps I think, wasnt impressed. I heard a alpine type x with a pdx1000 and sounded better then the jl. Im sure install counted alot tho, both where in jettas.

Archived