How Can I Get Rid Of Dimin Lights?

yea thats true...but right now im a little broke..so i guess ima have to wait until i get money to buy a new alternator then..

How many amps is your factory alternator, and what system are you running. most stock alts are good with 1 extra battery, but I would not venture into adding more than that.

Since you already done the big 3, have you tried upgrading the stock wire that runs from your battery to your fuse/relay box under the hood?

This may also help a bit, and cheap to do vs a new battery or alternator.

thats why you're a big dog, I didn't even think of that.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Eventually running a stock alt, no matter what batteries you use is gonna make your stock alt take a shit. The only real fix to the problem is to upgrade your alt, then battery/ies. Doing a battery now will only hide the problem for a while, which is not enough amperage getting to your electrical componants.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

How many amps is your factory alternator, and what system are you running. most stock alts are good with 1 extra battery, but I would not venture into adding more than that.

thats why you're a big dog, I didn't even think of that.

my factory alt has 90 amps..im running one dual 600 watt amp for mids and highs..and 1000 watts for my 2 subs...

i got a lil problem on power on my car..i have done the BIG III and my lights still dim when i bump my music...could it be my battery or i need capacitors??..which would work best for me?..im thinkin of gettin a yellow top optima..but im not sure yet...plz help.. :help:

How many amps are you pulling? What is your voltage when playing music(average)? A bigger alt would make a world of difference... not too big though or else you loose all idle output. A new battery or 2 would also help you a lot.

forget the word capacitor/cap. they are worthless with a big system for daily bumping. A bigger alt will help along with better/more batteries.

Not true, if used how they are intended they actually have a purpose. It is when people think they are the answer for everything that they fail. It is like trying to fix a bullet hole with a band-aid.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

upgrade to a 220a alt or higher and you should be fine, but in this case... anything over 150a alt would HELP

+1

A bigger alternator is really the only proper solution. A battery would help, but would just be a band-aid fix.

Not true, if used how they are intended they actually have a purpose. It is when people think they are the answer for everything that they fail. It is like trying to fix a bullet hole with a band-aid.

You obviously are not listening to what Im saying cuz you practically just reworded what I said. In his situation caps arent gonna do shit. I agree they have a place and use. Daily hard core (big system) bumping is not one of them. I know a guy that gained a db in his spl car by running his amps off of just his caps (granted not your everyday cap) and yes just for burps but that falls back on application and use.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

You obviously are not listening to what Im saying cuz you practically just reworded what I said. In his situation caps arent gonna do shit. I agree they have a place and use. Daily hard core (big system) bumping is not one of them. I know a guy that gained a db in his spl car by running his amps off of just his caps (granted not your everyday cap) and yes just for burps but that falls back on application and use.

That is the incorrect part, they have a home in every system if used correctly. With his case no it will not help right now, but after he get a HO Alt then it is ok to have one.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

I have a 90 amp stock alt and almost zero dimming with 2 channel 500 watt and 1600 hifonics. Try redoing your amp grounds with zero gauge , not combining grounds of your two amps, but grounding them near each other on the solid frame of your vehicle. No screw grounds, solid bolts. Also make sure you ground it to the main frame; the same frame your battery is grounded to, not a secondary welded frame, liek the rear deck or even seat belt bolts are welded on i think.

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus