Sonic Electronix

How Dumb Are Car Audio Shops Really? *vid*

Well most shops that are close to me I don't like, they either they to shove brands down your throat like JL (go figure). Or will sell you extra crap you don't need just to take your money. So I think it is rather funny to get them back a little bit.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

theres a shop around here "Tweeter". They actually know their shit, but when i went in there. alls they had in the car audio department was JL and Polk. Expensive as hell.

I saw this little empty 8" sub sealed box, $250. a dual 12 sealed, $400.

Well most shops that are close to me I don't like, they either they to shove brands down your throat like JL (go figure). Or will sell you extra crap you don't need just to take your money. So I think it is rather funny to get them back a little bit.

Eh, the shop I go to carries JL (audio video) but I think the main factor to that is that if a shop is making money they wont have to try and convince you to buy from them only. They all know me up there and know I like the sound of JL equipment, but they know I like to keep my options open. (and they know I know how overpriced their equipment is) I don't ever feel bad about visiting the shop and not shelling out large chunks of cash since I did go to them to install my security system, so technically they can't say I never support them. :D But usually I still go to them when I buy small items (terminal cups, wire ring terminals, cables, etc...)

Do any of you have Audio Video's around that are worth a damn?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

theres a shop around here "Tweeter". They actually know their shit, but when i went in there. alls they had in the car audio department was JL and Polk. Expensive as hell.

I saw this little empty 8" sub sealed box, $250. a dual 12 sealed, $400.

They own sound advice...They were the assholes who fucked up the install in my Jeep that was done before I got the car. The previous owner payed over 2000 for a couple of jl 10s and two pairs of boston acoustic coaxials with my current hu. Get this, they sold him both pairs of those speakers, installed them, but then wired the subs and the front pair to a 4 channel jl amp and didn't even wire in the rears. God damn it,put them on the spot brothers.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived