Circular Saw Jig?

well im tired of not having a table saw anymore being my onlt excuse for not building boxes....my question is what do you all use on your circular saws to get i nice clean straight cut? i thought about maybe a piece of mdf clamped and just rip them real fast, but are any of you using anything. if it works well it doesn't matter if its free or cost a little. just would like to build my own boxes again rather then farm out.

Edited by Accordman

If I have to have perfectly straight cuts I do just like you said, clamp a piece of wood/straight edge to the mdf, and cut it. It takes a little bit longer than just cutting with a circular saw, and alot longer than using a table saw, but it gives you similar results.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

i draw a line and try my best to cut as straight as possible. then i assemble the box and use a flush trim bit on my routed to make it perfect.

----reference's----

meade916

nice 36" right angle for a straight line all the way across the board and a quick circular saw will get enough results that any wandering line can be fixed with silicone/resin Although personally i use the circular saw for the rough cuts and cheap 200$ table saw for final cuts

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I use MDF cut offs but I found my cheap ass cir saw will walf the blade anyway.

I have plans for a panal on the home computer. Maybe I'll throw them up on here some day.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i draw a line and try my best to cut as straight as possible. then i assemble the box and use a flush trim bit on my routed to make it perfect.

X2

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

swanson 48" adjustable drywall t-square, loosen up the set screw on the T and use the 48" straight edge.

found that fucker today finally , btw HD's site blows ass but i found it at lowes thank you.

found that fucker today finally , btw HD's site blows ass but i found it at lowes thank you.

your welcome, its a great tool imo, use it like a t-square for nice straight lines, then take the t off clamp it and cut, takes a minute or two longer but you get nice staight cuts.

I would use a table saw but I cant lie they scare me.