Second Skin Audio

Image Dynamic In My Scion Xa

Skitzo_xa

Well i will start off by saying hello to everyone since i am a noob to this site and i am hear to learn as much as possible about car audio. My name is Bud and i am 18 yrs old. (yeah i am a youngin')

I daily drive a 2006 Scion xA and i want something that can do some damage in the hatch. I am a member of the DFW Scikotics and well there are some ppl in dallas that can raise hell with there xA's xB's and tC's. well i basicly wanna beat them in a SPL comp.

i am thinking of getting 2 Image Dynamic ID Max 10" D2's which go at 1000w rms and a 1800peak (i no peak means nothing really). anyway i will go ahead n get my noob questions over with but i sure i will have more later.

has anyone worked with image dynamic before?

most companys charge $400 per on these subs, good deal? is it worth the money?

Image Dynamic VS. Digital Designs?

What does everyone think?

thank you all (my post was cut off for some reason so i just fastly fixed it)

ID is more of a soundquality sub then DD. If you want SPL go with DD

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

DD owns ID in my opinion on SPL but ID is better SQ-wise

9500 series? i wanna do two 10"s in my car in a ported box. looking at doin port up w/ facing the sub up. i will be dumping my spare acourse.

alot of ppl i no r doing 10" or 12" kicker CVXs in ported boxs. they are hitting in the 140's i no. but i wanna hit close to 150 on my DBs. without building a wall. i would like the box to not go over the rear seat.

xA-storage.jpg

Where you plannin on putting amps, both sub and high/mids??? If you wanna push that much power, you'll need a decent size amp man!!

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

2x DD9510, Sub up port up, 1.5-2 cubes after displacement and a 6" aeroport in the middle.

Add 6-8kwrms and you're looking at close to 150dB on a burp, if you can fit it all in. Gonna need a big ass battery somewhere too.

id Max 10, lovely sub, sound really nice and still do moderately decent SPL, will run 1000wrms all day happily but give it 1500w for more than a few seconds and the coil will burn to bits.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived