Why You Dont Use Chrome Stainless Or Even Aim Air Tanks

wonder what the DB rating was on that?

ah jk, hope no one was hurt tho, even in the front seat Iam sure that can blow some ear drums, even stop some hearts

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I would think chrome tanks would be worse since they grind down the weld to make it smooth kinda weakening it

that doesnt weaking the joint that is welded from what I know of.

Welding 2 pieces of metal together bonds them together from what I was taught in class for die repair & maitnence . We had to weld extremely heavy die cast molds all the time if a core broke, and after you plugged the core you had to remove the weld flush with the rest of the die or else you would have minus metal, cracks, warped parts when the die was back up and running. Keep in mind that these welds would have to hold up to 70 plus machine cycles a hour with molten aluminum from 1150-1600 degrees constantly being shot into them, then cooling off.

Kind of like using tight bond to glue 2 pieces of wood together, the joint where the glue was used will not come apart, the wood would fail and break before the joint.

buying a aim non dot approved tank is kinda like buying sony xplode and expecting it to perform. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

ya the real question is how much pressure.....i dont see how the color of the tank has anything to do with it. Scary shit though for sure...

the chrome plating on the tank has nothing to do with it at all, the problem is with the products you get from A.I.M , ive said it before in a couple of other threads that the stuff they sell is COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!!! , i just feel sorry for the people who buy that shit and expect that shit to work properly. the company is a sad joke. hopefully people will learn from this and not buy shit from them !! they need to spend a lil bit more money and get trustworthy stuff. go to F.B.I , SUICIDE DOORS , AVS, WAYLAYED or some repatuble company. 200 psi should not have done that to a tank, AIRLIFT tanks are rated at 150 psi but many,many people put much more than that, i have heard of up to 400 psi !!! .alot of people drive 250-300 daily ( engine driven compressors ) ,anyhow , ive never heard ANY one having that happen to a ''chrome tank '' at 200 psi....... :search:

ive never heard ANY one having that happen to a ''chrome tank '' at 200 psi....... :search:

5 GALLON CHROME DNA SPECIALTY TANK .... NOT EVEN 150 PSI IN TANK ... JUST FILLED THROUGH SCHRADER VALVE AND LIFTED CAR UP ... AIR WAS IN TANK FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES ... WAS WIRING UP RELAY TO FILL UP TO 200 PSI WITH 4 VIAIR 380C AND BOOM ... PICS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES .... BE CAREFUL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

but look at the inside of that tank, very rusty, looks more like user error to me.

Thats why i got the 200psi DOT approved Aluminum tank from FBI.

Na thats normal rust from just sitting. The tank was brand new. The failure was caused by grinding the welds down before the company chromed it. If you look it broke apart perfectly strait down the seems.

shitty welds FTL

you should be able to grind down a weld and have it stay in tack, those are just shitty Welds.

It depends on the type of load the weld will see. There are some cases were you must grind a weld down or it will fail later on down the road. But for what we do with 110 volt welders we should never grind our welds. Escpesly when doing frame work.

you gots to admit that was a faulty tank, i know you go to s10forum, '' DRAGGINBODY '' the moderator, runs 2 sanden edc's at about 250-300 psi DAILY thru 2 chome 5 gallon tanks for a few YEARS now, i know shit happens , but i really meant that you don't hear of any problems from them except for freak happenings like this one or maybe a one or two more. out of probably thousands. yeah i read old s10 forum articles all the time !!! i , myself am gonna change out my 8 gallon tank ( black ) in my toyota, it's right now in the front of my bed ( right behind the cab ) and get two slim and skinny 5 gallon tanks and mount them where the spare tire used to be, im gonna see if jason ( suicide doors ) will put all 1/2'' ports on them, i read that he used to do them, we'll see.. one of these days i'll post some pics :D

yea they had a whole batch of the chrome tanks go bad. It was because they ground to much of the weld off. I serosly sketch even over my fbi tank. Shits a bomb! i was thinking about doing a 1 gallon tank at all 4 corners with a 480 filling each tank. The mad scientist says You would have to fill a 1 gallon tank to 750 psi for it to have the same explosive power of a 7 gallon tank filled to 200 psi. I think it would clean things up a lot and you wouldn't have so many problems on the road in the event of a leak or something. but then again im addicted the nitrogen.

Archived