Why You Dont Use Chrome Stainless Or Even Aim Air Tanks

yea they had a whole batch of the chrome tanks go bad. It was because they ground to much of the weld off. I serosly sketch even over my fbi tank. Shits a bomb! i was thinking about doing a 1 gallon tank at all 4 corners with a 480 filling each tank. The mad scientist says You would have to fill a 1 gallon tank to 750 psi for it to have the same explosive power of a 7 gallon tank filled to 200 psi. I think it would clean things up a lot and you wouldn't have so many problems on the road in the event of a leak or something. but then again im addicted the nitrogen.

yeah DJDAUDIO is a fucking genius !!!! you would to wait for your tanks to recover, 1 gallon tanks dump their air supply QUICK ! , if i were you , i would run 2 five gallon tanks filled by 2 of the 480's on each tank, when i do the 2 5 gallon tanks im just gonna use my 2 380's. i really want to do DJDAUDIO's boost air, he says you can almost double your refill times !!! anyway , i have never given a thought to my tank blowin' up !!! i might when i get my sanden rebuilt. till then i'll just run 200 psi..................

yea DJD sold his boost air system so now no one can run the system. He wont even give me the damn info :( Right now when my Nitrogen is empty I run 1 7gallon tank at 145 psi with a fbi compressor. I live on the coast so I dont hit switches to much because cops trip big time. I havnt really hit switches to do any thing else than dump it when its parked or a add a bit of air for ride hight in 2 months.

I was thinking a 1 gallon tank on one rs7 at 200 psi shouldn't be so bad. Ill probably just stick with the bottle and add 2 480s tho.

I hear a lot of people talking about the sadens I guess they really can pump some pressure. Im to lazy to have one lol.

yea DJD sold his boost air system so now no one can run the system. He wont even give me the damn info :( Right now when my Nitrogen is empty I run 1 7gallon tank at 145 psi with a fbi compressor. I live on the coast so I dont hit switches to much because cops trip big time. I havnt really hit switches to do any thing else than dump it when its parked or a add a bit of air for ride hight in 2 months.

I was thinking a 1 gallon tank on one rs7 at 200 psi shouldn't be so bad. Ill probably just stick with the bottle and add 2 480s tho.

I hear a lot of people talking about the sadens I guess they really can pump some pressure. Im to lazy to have one lol.

when i bought the toyota , it had one installed but it was burned up, so i already have the bracket mounted . alot of people run theirs at 220-250 psi , DAILY !!!! they only cost about 100-130$ , that's cheap, for that much psi. before i redid all of the air suspension after i bought it , i was runnin a 80 lb nitrogen bottle for about 4 months and spending 30$ to swap out tanks every week , sometimes twice a week if it got low before the weekend !!! you should check into getting a sanden , for the money you spend on nitrogen, you could of bought one and just fabbed up a bracket. that sucks about the boost system, i thought it was still in his sig. if you ran 4 480's on a 12 gallon tank, you could of filled up in about a minute and a half or less !!!! :clapping:

• 3 years later...

I kniw this is an old thread but this has got me scared to stand close to my truck while the tanks pressured up lol. I have a chrome tank in my dodge and it looks like these. Are these defected tanks still being sold? My truck was bagged when i got it so i have no clue were the tank was bought from.

but look at the inside of that tank, very rusty, looks more like user error to me.

Thats why i got the 200psi DOT approved Aluminum tank from FBI.

Na thats normal rust from just sitting. The tank was brand new. The failure was caused by grinding the welds down before the company chromed it. If you look it broke apart perfectly strait down the seems.

Then the welds were shit. Period. A properly done weld can be ground completely smooth and it WILL NOT affect the strength of the weld. No ifs ands or buts about it. If the that tank failed on the seams, I'd go back to the manufacturer as it was a defect in the work. Ive done plenty of welding in my day, choppers, 4x4 trucks, fish plates on frames, you name it... grinding it down doesnt weaken a proper weld.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Then the welds were shit. Period. A properly done weld can be ground completely smooth and it WILL NOT affect the strength of the weld. No ifs ands or buts about it. If the that tank failed on the seams, I'd go back to the manufacturer as it was a defect in the work. Ive done plenty of welding in my day, choppers, 4x4 trucks, fish plates on frames, you name it... grinding it down doesnt weaken a proper weld.

Lol just quoted a post from 2008!

But very good point, proper welds should hold up regardless if they are ground smooth or not.

hm... makes me want to move my tanks away from my amps.. lol

forget the amps! My gas tanks right by my tank. I go down the road now and think about my back glass exploding or gas tank blowing up lol. I think im going to buy a new tank and paint it instead of chrome. My luck i got a shotty weld job on mine.

Archived